IGNORED

Tapatalk glitched hard

CZroe

Tapatalk is not supported on AA and discouraged, as it creates a bunch of work for moderators. Posting new topics through Tapatalk creates up to 5 threads with the same title and we always have to delete them as fast as possible. And of course some people find it comical to reply to more than one copy of the thread, so then we have to determine if that was a BS post or not, then merge threads and walk away annoyed. :P

Tapatalk is not supported on AA and discouraged, as it creates a bunch of work for moderators. Posting new topics through Tapatalk creates up to 5 threads with the same title and we always have to delete them as fast as possible. And of course some people find it comical to reply to more than one copy of the thread, so then we have to determine if that was a BS post or not, then merge threads and walk away annoyed. [emoji14]

That’s why I edited out the thread. Even went back to the web browser and recovered my password to edit the title away.

FYI: It isn’t really that Tapatalk creates multiple threads. The user does, under false pretenses. The user gets a message about the forum not responding and the message says to try again, even though the thread was created successfully. They can’t see that, since they are still in the compose new thread screen with what they believe is an unsaved/unposted post... so, as instructed, they “try again” and create yet another thread. If they don’t realize what is happening, they keep trying.

In my case I had a colon at the end of my thread title that I suspected caused an error, so I deleted it and the error changed to something else. Only then did I copy the thread title to the body, copy the body to my clipboard, back out, and refresh the topic list to discover what happened. Oops.

Question: If it’s not supported and officially discouraged, why not turn it off?

Edited by CZroe