IGNORED

Moron calls cops on himself after finding motherlode inside two NES games

CZroe

Moron calls cops on himself after finding motherlode inside two NES games

Not the newest news anymore but since I don’t see this being discussed elsewhere on the forum, why not start it here?

The goods:

https://youtu.be/0QZSrQeWjy0

Independently confirmed to be real, because even morons know not to file false police reports for an Internet hoax:

https://nypost.com/2018/04/13/video-game-collector-finds-drugs-in-old-nintendo-cartridges/

Police never positively identify it in the full video but it appears to be heroin... about $22,600 worth if it’s just the regular stuff, but police keep calling it “clearly synthetic” (so perhaps more?):

https://youtu.be/NrBN509-jKo

Go easy on him, folks. I already set the idiot straight. ;)

• Like 1

Dang, I hope nobody broke into his house to get at the drugs after he posted the "hauls" video.

Nope, but that was specifically why that video was made: the previous videos did not show police involvement so people might have assumed the drugs were still there. The police asked to keep their involvement out of it for a week so that they’d have time to check out the flea market with dogs after it reopened. It was a nerve-wracking week though because the cat was out of the bag locally on social media before they even got the call (shared live on FB). Edited by CZroe

That's good. I hope the police nailed the seller at the flea market that put this person in that situation.

Huh? Dylan w/Infinite Games LLC is an established game vendor at West GA Flea Market (“Infinite Games LLC”) and he obviously had no idea what was in the carts before he sold them, nor did the person he got it from (presumably another flea market vendor). Shouldn’t be hard to believe because why would he sell them for $10 otherwise? [emoji6] It was probably snuggled in the mail and misdelivered or stolen off someone’s front porch. Either way, the unintended recipient was obviously none the wiser about the contents, which is exactly why smugglers hide them in stuff like this to begin with.

Dylan says that no law enforcement ever showed up to ask... though he had a lot of random people asking questions after the video went viral. Luckily, no junkies trashed his booth either. You see, City of Newnan PD responded to the call and requested a week, but the sale happened in a neighboring city where they have no jurisdiction. They said it would be passed on to Carrollton or Carroll County PD and to expect them to have questions. I guess they didn’t have any questions after all because there was never a call and they never showed up at the vendor’s booth.

Edited by CZroe

Huh? Dylan w/Infinite Games LLC is an established game vendor at West GA Flea Market (“Infinite Games LLC”) and he obviously had no idea what was in the carts before he sold them, nor did the person he got it from (presumably another flea market vendor). Shouldn’t be hard to believe because why would he sell them for $10 otherwise? [emoji6] It was probably snuggled in the mail and misdelivered or stolen off someone’s front porch. Either way, the unintended recipient was obviously none the wiser about the contents, which is exactly why smugglers hide them in stuff like this to begin with.

Dylan says that no law enforcement ever showed up to ask... though he had a lot of random people asking questions after the video went viral. Luckily, no junkies trashed his booth either. You see, City of Newnan PD responded to the call and requested a week, but the sale happened in a neighboring city where they have no jurisdiction. They said it would be passed on to Carrollton or Carroll County PD and to expect them to have questions. I guess they didn’t have any questions after all because there was never a call and they never showed up at the vendor’s booth.

I would think he'd be able to tell from the obvious weight differences in the cart from a normal cart. Seems fishy to me.

Edited by flatfoot

I would think he'd be able to tell from the obvious weight differences in the cart from a normal cart. Seems fishy to me.

We’re talkin’ 2oz here. It’s really subtle if you aren’t the kind of collector who has handled thousands of NES games, and lots of carts legitimately weigh more than others. It takes an “eagle eyed collector,” as NY Post puts it, to know which ones should and which ones shouldn’t weigh more. For example, some copies of Golf have a Family Computer version with a 60-72 pin adapter + CIC hidden inside, so they have a legitimate reason why some would weigh more, but those copies always have 5 screws that don’t require a special screwdriver. This copy of Golf was the revised cart with clips at the top and only 3 GameBit screws, so it should have been the lighter variant.

Also, Dylan was extremely interested to find out what was in there himself, hence the FB stream. He fruitlessly tried to open it when it was brought to his attention before the sale except that he couldn’t find his GameBit. I have since given him a set of full-shaft 3.8 and 4.5mm GameBit drivers in case he comes across anything else suspiciously heavy, like the PAL Isolated Warrior cart that’s likely floating around out there with a broken Roller Games board inside. [emoji6]

Definitely nothing fishy with Dylan. Good guy.

Edited by CZroe

On another forum you couldn't tell us where you got it because of your top secret undercover job. Now we have the guy's first name, the name of his business and specifically where to find him. What changed?

Absolutely nothing changed. All of this was in the videos from the start, including the place it came from. All of this was explained every single time anyone asked as well EXCEPT for that one-week delay of certain details as requested by the police. You’ve had your answers since April 8th but it seems you’re never done jumping to conclusions, misinterpreting things, ignoring obvious answers, and distorting everything I say.

You tried to ridicule me me with a non-sequitur jab and my job, which I told you has not been my job for several years (not that I’m ashamed of it). The reason you don’t have anything more recent was thoroughly explained to you even though it was entirely irrelevant.

I told you that I couldn’t publicly tell you what my primary job is because it would impact my ability to perform it, but I shared it with you privately, and suddenly you’ve twisted that into something else entirely. I’ll share it with virtually anyone privately because it isn’t some huge secret... it just can’t be seen in the places I do some of my work (social media) and can’t be out in the open for anyone to find. It didn’t even have anything to do with the news, so no idea why you’re harping me about it (then or now).

Luckily, Everipedia tried to farm my FB profile and got everything completely wrong. Can’t risk them getting a correction through a simple Google search, so I keep it in PMs.

You can even hear “We need to tell Dylan to check his other games” in the video in the OP, which was uploaded minutes after it was discovered. Did you forget my anecdote about all the copies of Golf selling out after it went viral? It seems someone noticed the details you think I was hiding.

The only time anyone was cagey with any answers was during that first week when the police specifically said that no one could mention that they were involved. Since then, everything was laid bare. You seem to simultaneously resent me going into detail yet you consistently demand more. I’m happy to oblige, as usual, but what gives?

Anyone else think it’s weird that this dude was looking up my employment history and felt the need to ridicule me for my former job for some reason? I’d think you were just hard to satisfy but this hints at it being something else.

Edited by CZroe

It's too bad it wasn't spiders in their cart. This whole situation could've been avoid. My condolences to the person.

I’m guessing this is a reference to the exotic spiders Mexican authorities found being smuggled, live, inside bootleg Famicom games? That news broke about a year earlier and was exactly why smuggling came to mind before opening it. Odd how many times smugglers have been caught using FC/NES games, since it would only represent the tip of the iceberg. The vast majority would obviously go through without a hitch. Edited by CZroe

Wait...the moron is you? I thought it was someone else.

Thought I’d get ahead of madman and his ilk saying it. ;)

Actually, my brother was the moron who made the phone call on himself while I uploaded the second video. I opened the carts. He cut the bags. Go Team M!

Wow, I ask what changed and I get this response, including accusations. No need to create drama over an honest question. Good day to you.

“Honest question.”

Yeah? Well, you got an honest answer, as per usual: Nothing “changed.” As for that being an “honest question” or not: no way, not unless you deluded yourself in your relentless effort to troll me.

You’ve been hounding me the exact same way from the start and it became a witch hunt. You were looking for some gotcha and you dug so deep you thought you thought you had one, which is the only reason you even asked. I know it and you know it. You also know it came from someplace other than genuine misunderstanding, which means it’s anything but “honest.”

I’ve extended the olive branch to you numerous times but you’d rather try to use whatever I say against me, even going as far as dragging what I said in chat/PMs into the limelight on another forum in an attempt to make it look like I wasn’t honest or forthcoming with details. I’ve been honest and forthcoming to a fault. I gave far more details than anyone could reasonably expect, and how was I anything less than open with you about what I do for a living? Yet, here you are, pretending that it was exactly the opposite. What?! Ridiculous.

Who’s really creating “drama” here when you would intentionally and repeatedly misrepresent what I say and then hide your intentions (“honest question”)?

How anyone can complain that I didn’t give enough details is MIND BLOWING. I literally shared the entire police response, the phone call, the name and location of the flea market, the vendor name, the police officer names, the departments involved, and on and on and on... to your annoyance. I even invited anyone to request the police report for themselves and even suggested getting the body cam footage with a FOI request.

Sure, I muted stuff from the phone calls/full police visit videos (unlisted but linked in the description). It was stuff like personal phone numbers, the street address, and the vendor’s last name but I even had the courtesy to say what was being withheld with little pop-ups like “phone number redacted.” Heck, you can get all that from the police report too if you are so inclined. It’s all there for anyone who wants it. It’s just ridiculous that you are still expecting something more from me after that extraordinarily thorough documentation. You want more?!

Obviously, that’s not it at all. I’m being trolled. Problem is, I don’t back down when I have an answer, so you get to keep trolling me as long as you can keep twisting and distorting things to raise more easily-answerable questions. Feeding the troll? Most definitely, but I find it preferable to leaving a question unanswered.

• Like 1

On another forum you couldn't tell us where you got it because of your top secret undercover job. Now we have the guy's first name, the name of his business and specifically where to find him. What changed?

Since you doubled down and called it an “honest question,” the least I can do is demonstrate that the implication is demonstrably not true. I was never less than forthcoming after I was allowed to be.

So, let’s go back to the question. “What changed?” Nothing. I didn’t want junkies tearing up his booth either, but once people knew that police were involved that became less likely. I’ve been open about where I got it from the moment I was allowed to say more about it.

Uploaded the day before I was even allowed to say anything and shared publicly at midnight:

7b66fb6971609aadad93b66c2dad1f2c.png

208c63489cd4e22b1945f609421661c2.png

“Infinite Games, LLC” stated at 23:34.

https://youtu.be/NrBN509-jKo

I actually muted it along with his last name several times because I had shared parts of it privately before I was allowed to share publicly and I didn’t want to interfere with a police investigation. Even this was literally going up before I was allowed to say that I had called the police. After revealing that, I was OK with sharing the name, so I restored a muted part and let it go. I didn’t restore the rest because they usually included his full name... First, Last, and Middle.

Next, here I am volunteering it at the first place where I shared after the live stream (literally a few minutes after it was discovered). This post is just a few days after the Kotaku article made it go viral:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=51&catid=10&threadid=181113

8f8c2e708691db6a204b28fcaefbb5fd.jpg

Really reaching with this one, bud. Now, if you can show me any place where I refused to answer this after I was allowed to, I’d be really interested.

Edited by CZroe

Hmmm

To be completely honest and impartial - you did create this thread.

Sure, but that didn’t create the drama even if it invited him to bring it. I have no control over that part. Just wanted to try out the User Submitted News section that didn’t exist back when this happened. Edited by CZroe

I'm sorry, but I have to ask this. Isn't posting all this again introducing risk that you were trying to avoid with the drugs? Your youtube channel and other social media accounts have a bunch of videos and pictures highlighting some of your video game stuff. You use your real name as your youtube handle, you indicate where you generally live, and then include video that shows what part of the exterior of your house looks like and the cars you drive. Couldn't an addict, who is hard up for cash, just as easily use all this information to find where you are and steal your video game collection to sell for drug money?

Edited by flatfoot
  • Like 1

I'm sorry, but I have to ask this. Isn't posting all this again introducing risk that you were trying to avoid with the drugs? Your youtube channel and other social media accounts have a bunch of videos and pictures highlighting some of your video game stuff. You use your real name as your youtube handle, you indicate where you generally live, and then include video that shows what part of the exterior of your house looks like and the cars you drive. Couldn't an addict, who is hard up for cash, just as easily use all this information to find where you are and steal your video game collection to sell for drug money?

Yes, but they also see that I have security and that the police responded extremely fast. Facebook was more worrying, since it was live-streamed, shared by and to strangers, and none of those people knew that the police were involved for at least a week. That was the more immediate threat the YouTube videos were meant to mitigate. Yes, I’d hate to lose my collection, but I was understandably more concerned with what might happen to us if someone showed up looking for it.

For madman, my big offense seems to be that I dared to share this in the NGF recent pick-ups thread before news broke to the rest of the world. Obviously, I didn’t share nearly as much at that point (wasn’t allowed to) and it must have hurt his feelings. ;) No one was finding me with what they could see in the 7min video, plus, it was changed to unlisted as soon as police said I couldn’t mention them.

Please keep it civil.

Oh, absolutely. I only intend to defend myself with facts and answers, not insults and name-calling. On the other hand...

95ffaedcd566d6d096e0c466904e4025.png

Sig was about Asperger’s Syndrome.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg. He goes on to ridicule me for being concerned about junkies or dealers looking for it, which was a concern so reasonable that flatfoot also pointed it out here. There’s a lot more from madman in NGF’s chat. Remember when I said that I “thought I’d get ahead of madman” by calling my brother and myself “moron?” Well, that pic shows exactly what I was talking about. I was being literal.

I used “moron” and “idiot” facetiously in reference to myself and my twin brother, but it may contribute to the perception that I’m calling people names. Definitely not. When I say madman was trolling me, I wasn’t using “troll” as an insult. It’s because he was literally trolling according to the very definition of the word. It may sound like he was being civil with a carefully worded reply that ends with “good day to you,” but you can plainly see that it comes along with him doubling-down on his misleading implication that something has changed, prompting me to prove that nothing has changed.

He was fishing/baiting for a response. He got one. I was careful not to cross any lines to deliver it and I don’t intend to no matter how vigorously I defend my credibility. Hope I’ve managed to put all this into context.

madman hasn't posted in this thread in almost four hours. You seem awfully preoccupied with this chap.

I’m thorough. That’s why he likes trolling me. [emoji4] Edited by CZroe

Well if flatfoot pointed it out, that must make it reasonable. He's well known as a reasonable man.

I'd hate for the internet NES heroin cart patrol to kick the door down.

You jest, but the concern was that it was spreading on local social media. Even if most everyone thought it was a joke, the people who lost it wouldn’t. Those people aren’t “the Internet NES heroin cart patrol.” They are locals who merely have to ask around to find out where I live.

Now, CPUWIZ asked us to keep this civil. I don’t know flatfoot’s reputation here but we have no beef and I’m sure he’d take issue with the implication that he isn’t a reasonable person.

You jest, but the concern was that it was spreading on local social media. Even if most everyone thought it was a joke, the people who lost it wouldn’t. Those people aren’t “the Internet NES heroin cart patrol.” They are locals who merely have to ask around to find out where I live.

Now, CPUWIZ asked us to keep this civil. I don’t know flatfoot’s reputation here but we have no beef and I’m sure he’d take issue with the implication that he isn’t a reasonable person.

I am offended that you would take my post in jest, or imply that I would dare question the good reputation of flatfoot.