IGNORED

PlayStation Classic (mini) is coming...............

Beat me to it. :)

I thought someone was being silly, but then saw something about it at another forum.

Looks to be rendering at native resolution. I suppose that's expected after the PS3 and PSP, but a higher resolution would've been nice to see.

Edited by Atariboy

Looks cool, though I have to wonder what the game library is going to look like when they reveal all 20. Not surprised that it's $100 considering that the most of the popular PlayStation games were 3rd party and licensing those games for re-release won't come cheap. As long as it has Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night I'll call it legit. :)

• Like 3

I have to admit I'm interested. I never liked them back in the 90s, but I eventually ended up with a PSOne+LCD combo and found the games on there to really even 4 generations in to be the best on that thing. I'm curious so I'll dig more into the library. I just won't get into some fanboy pissing match, so on the rare chance someone gifts me it for the season then I'll track it down in time as Sony being second to growing up in Nintendoland I can be a good bit more patient. And if this crap keeps up I'll have to get yet another HDMI switcher box. :\ I think once I get my UltraHDMI update on I'm out of spots.

• Like 1

Looks cool, though I have to wonder what the game library is going to look like when they reveal all 20. Not surprised that it's $100 considering that the most of the popular PlayStation games were 3rd party and licensing those games for re-release won't come cheap. As long as it has Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night I'll call it legit. :)

If Capcom signs a deal to have Resident Evil included, perhaps they'll also include Mega Man Legends. Or better yet, Mega Man Legends 2, because the first game in that series will probably appear on the (yet unannounced) N64 Mini anyway.

$100 is quite a bit for a device like this.

For your info, on the Swedish market this console will cost 70% more than it will on the US market, after adding VAT and other items. Although everything tends to be more expensive here due to a different economic system, I seem to remember that the Nintendo systems, and even the AtGame consoles haven't had quite that much mark-up.

• Like 1

Not sure I need this as I still have 3 PS1's. If it has the ability to play roms from a memory card I would consider it. Would still prefer Sony add an emulator to the PS4 and let me play my original games from the disks.

The higher cost is probably licensing, extra storage required for the games, and throwing in an extra controller. I guess they saved a little by excluding the AC adapter.

• Like 2

Think it's going to have more than 5 games, that's just all they've announced or finalized so far...

I have a PSOne and several PS2s, so I have many ways to play original discs... but depending on what the other games are... I mean, if you add up the cost of those games individually, it'll surely be higher than $100. So unless you already have all/most of them, it might be a good value.

Edited by Eltigro

Think it's going to have more than 5 games, that's just all they've announced or finalized so far...

I have a PSOne and several PS2s, so I have many ways to play original discs... but depending on what the other games are... I mean, if you add up the cost of those games individually, it'll surely be higher than $100. So unless you already have all/most of them, it might be a good value.

Those games would have that value in 1998, maybe. in 2018? not so much.

YouTube will be infected with a bunch of 20-something gamer vids making 23 minute rant videos about this, even before it's released.

"hey guys, derpgamer here, and you probably heard about the playstation classic..... " (20 minutes of yammering)

Thanks, I finally have decided on the name for my Youtube channel. Derpgamer! :D

• Like 6