IGNORED

PlayStation Classic (mini) is coming...............

Pretty sure Sony is unique in this. ATGames has been forward about Genesis, Int, Coleco stuff before they came out but they never did preorder I don't think. Nintendo on both said the games up front to get the preorders and before it just was something that existed but not to take money as they didn't set a price yet. SNK with their Neo Geo Mini also put a conference out over the 2 versions and their entire varying game lists well before accepting money in advance. This is new territory if Sony is being quiet and panhanding cash up front on a crap shoot of the other 15 titles.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, its been just over a month now, and no leak as to what the 15 other games are? Given its been this long with no update, I'd bet its another month before news comes out to remind Black Friday shoppers to save a little bit of money for it.

... that, or the remaining 15 are kinda duds and uninteresting. Less time for critics and ourselves to bash what is/isn't on the thing.

I'm sure there will be lots of solid games in the remaining 15. Sony wouldn't be doing this if the game lineup was going to be pitiful.

I suspect what you said first is the case. Sony is saving the announcement to generate publicity closer to release to remind people about this.

Edited by Atariboy

I can wait. I can do without the seventeen articles and videos about "The Games of the PlayStation Mini, Reviewed and Ranked"

I chortled when they did those for the Nintendo units. Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone's already formed their opinions on SMB and Zelda. We're good, YouTube.

• Like 3

I don't know that I saw videos like that, but there were certainly about a million of the "What games SHOULD have been on the __________ but weren't" type.

All of which were completely ignorant as to WHY their dream games weren't on the classic, and why it was a minor miracle we got the package we did.

• Like 1

It had me at ff7 knowing it's first party I can assume they are going to pick some good games my thing is wonder what the ratio of game genres Will be because you put to many one kind of game on it it will make some people not want it. I think trying to find that sweet spot of game types is the hardest part.

Plus Sony said you won't be able to add other games on it do you think they completely locked it out or just harder to do then the nes and snes was

Edited by maxdrive

I'd question if they show up depending how their companies feel about it because they just redid some of those games for modern platforms. Some may feel they'd be competing with themselves and not do it, others would think of it as free advertising Sony pays you for, so it's kind of a toss up.

• Like 2

Game list is up.

I think most of the rest of these were available individually on PSN for $5.99 each.

They are putting Battle Arena Toshinden on this thing after all, wacky!! It screams "launch title" and it will be fun to see people fuss about it.

That Persona game is probably something that collectors will want, if eBay prices for the disc are any indication.

Intelligent Qube wasn't released digitally in North America, nor was the Playstation version of the 2D Grand Theft Auto. There might be others.

It's a worthy list, not as solid as the NES Classic lineup, but good representation for all genres. I'd want more Psygnosis than DD, but they didn't ask me.

Here’s the full list of titles that fans can now look forward to playing:

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms
  • Like 3

I think this list is good, but not great. I wasnt really expecting a Nintendo-level stellar playlist, but there are some glaring omissions here. Not having a Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider or Spyro game seems like a really missed opportunity. For anyone that remembers the formative days of the first PlayStation, those games were practically synonymous with the brand. But I am very pleased to see Metal Gear and Syphon Filter included!

• Like 3

A decent lineup. As I suspected and kept saying, I didn't think the Spyro or Crash games would be on there... they both just got remasters or whatever. A couple I didn't think about being on there were Intelligent Qube and Grand Theft Auto. IQ is kinda expensive these days, too, I think. I remember renting it back in the day, but it didn't wow me. Don't know that I've ever seen that Revelations: Persona game, but all the rest are pretty familiar.

One of those things I still won't seek out, but wouldn't refuse if someone gave it to me. :grin:

• Like 1

Kinda wondering...why would they offer the pre-order before they released the list of games that will be on it? Don't even think the Big N did that. Or maybe they did, but faNboyz are pretty strong with that company. Sonyboyz are similar? Intriguing.

Nintendo had the full lineup at announce. This is very weird.

So 20 games, and some solid titles. MGS is big, but I wonder how it'll handle the final battle where you needed to swap to controller port 2 because he could read your mind, and read your memory cards to see other Konami games you played. Hopefully it's hackable. :D

Edited by derFunkenstein

I think it's an excellent line up. You can't get bigger than MGS or FF7. Resident Evil, Syphon Filter, Tekken, RR4 are all heavy hitters, GTA & Oddworld more quirkier fan-favourites, couple of decent JRPGS and even the "fillers" such as Destruction Derby or Toshinden are quite solid games.

And then, of course, there's the Twisted Freaking Metal. Nuff said :)

• Like 2