IGNORED

PlayStation Classic (mini) is coming...............

The new 8BitDo adapter supports Wii Classic Controllers connected through a Wii remote. So if anyone is going to load this up with shooters and such and has a Wii arcade stick that they like, this might be your solution for an arcade stick if the homebrew scene doesn't come up with direct USB controller support in the weeks ahead.

Obviously will be lacking L2/R2 inputs though. Not a problem in many arcade stick friendly games, but I'm sure some took advantage of the PS1's paired shoulder buttons. And I'm unsure about analog support by way of something like a Dual Shock 3. Seen a few videos with the left analog working through this adapter, but it's also functioning in non-analog games like Destruction Derby. So I suspect it's just mapped to the d-pad.

Edited by Atariboy

I can only speak for myself. But when I plugged in a PS3 Dual Shock (non rumble version ).. It didn't really work and the other one ( rumble version ) .. worked if I plugged it in while in a game but the right analog stick was weird ( only up/down movements worked and they would translate into left/right movements. Real weird. People in the Discord channel said they never had issues with PS3 controllers. Go figure.

On top of that it is supposed to recognize PS4 controllers ( and it does ) but they are even less functional, at least for me. Hopefully this issue will be addressed at some point. But other than left analog support I was not getting much else out of my PS3 controller. So it might be good for Dreamcast emulation but the DC emulation is rather slow..

I was in a retro game shop today, and saw some featured prominently for 'only' $129.95.... Yeah, good luck with that.

I wonder if they may have originally purchased the systems at retail, and so they are just adding their own markup to the retail price.

I have seen that practice a few times, especially with stuff that is not "officially" sold in Canada. Someone purchases several units at retail in the US, and then resells it at a markup in Canada.

Wow, I have to see what that looks like in action when that drops. Seems they got into hakchi territory on ease and speed of use. That may just put me in a spot where I'd pony up some dollars for the thing depending how much they clean the turd up on the emulation output side vs what it can run (which seems to be just about anything potentially.)

I could see placing this in my last remaining open hdmi port on my switcher box or buying a 3rd to daisychain off one of my others if it would be tolerated since they auto switch.

If they could hit the same level as Hakchi2 CE then that'd be great! Hakchi is very well done and makes several things easier. I've been tinkering with what the have released at present ( mostly the retroarch side ) and I'm seeing a lot of potential. Retroarch can be a little difficult to set-up due to lack of documentation but once you get the hang of it there is a lot of things that can be done with it. The only downside is the computer emulation side of it is lacking and some of the emulators could use better cores ( 7800, A5200/A800 ) and the menu's are a bit much. Luckily they did add options to turn off most of that stuff. It's just a matter of knowing where to look. I'm mostly referring to the XMB based menu interface.

Boy, looks like this thing has suffered from low-quality, poor content and bad identity/communications issues. It's barely ranked 3 stars on Amazon with user reviews and questions showing most people are thoroughly confused about what it does. Many think it plays CDs which I thought would be the "case" due to the shape. Given the machine they're making a classic edition of was CD based, that should have been addressed. It's looking like they may have a warehouse of these to liquidate at this point. I really don't want one, but I'm afraid I may have to get one when they hit $20.

At least the moron scalpers are getting screwed on this one.

• Like 1

And now you know why Infotarigrams crowdfunds their vaporbox Ataribawks. They get paid no matter how bad it is or even if they never deliver it. And they don't get stuck with a storage unit full of useless junk that they have to sell below cost.

Footnote: This is in no way meant to suggest Atari is being wise. To the contrary; they are cheap, ignorant and deathly afraid of risk.

• Like 1

Boy, looks like this thing has suffered from low-quality, poor content and bad identity/communications issues. It's barely ranked 3 stars on Amazon with user reviews and questions showing most people are thoroughly confused about what it does. Many think it plays CDs which I thought would be the "case" due to the shape. Given the machine they're making a classic edition of was CD based, that should have been addressed. It's looking like they may have a warehouse of these to liquidate at this point. I really don't want one, but I'm afraid I may have to get one when they hit $20.

$20 seems good to me. I realize there's a solid value at $50, but from what I've heard, this thing needs to be a no-loss proposition for me.

• Like 1

Agreed. I know that William Culver has been using the controller(s) for use on his PC, so at $20 it would be worth picking it up just for the controllers alone.

$20 seems good to me. I realize there's a solid value at $50, but from what I've heard, this thing needs to be a no-loss proposition for me.

• Like 1

did these morons also think you could plug carts into the NES and SNES classic editions - because, I dunno fake cartridge ports??

also - come on bc 1.0!!

twats.

• Like 1