IGNORED

PlayStation Classic (mini) is coming...............

Somewhat of a necrobump and feel free to redirect me if this belongs elsewhere...

I grabbed a PS Classic since A ) they are now $39.99 (minus 5% Target Red Card discount) and B) I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P78R37S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Basically it's a $25 USB drive that you just plug into the 2nd player USB port and boom, 101 games and the US versions all loaded.

They sell three different USB preloaded drives, and I've got the Fight Pack one on order from China (hopefully it will show up by end of June, eek).

But this one, the "Crackhead Pack" (??) has a lot of the games I would want. Parappa, Einhander, US version of Tekken 3, Wipeout / XL / 3, Soul Blade, Crash Bandicoot / 2 / CTR, and some others. I would have to buy the "Meth Pack" (??!?) to get Medal of Honor (no Underground), and I may since it's $25 but not much else on that pack I like.

The Fight pack has Mortal Kombat 3 /4 / Trilogy, X-Men Mutant Academy / 2, Street Fighter Alpha 2 /3 / EX / EX2, and several other goodies.

And it's all just plug and play, works like a charm. Got mine (both the Crackhead thing and the PS Classic) today, played a few rounds of several. Tekken 3 DEFINITELY runs faster than the PAL version on the system, not sure if it runs too fast or not but it's mos def quicker. Parappa is playable; people had said the emulator wouldn't allow the timing to work right, but TBH that game was always tough to get down right I thought (and I have the original game). I got through the first level on the PS Classic and thought it was manageable. Wipeout 3 runs very smooth, looks nice, and I love it. In all, well worth the $65 total investment so far.

Complaints are the usual. Ridiculous that the only power cord they supply is USB only, no adapter for a plug. Beyond ridiculous that the controller cord is so short (what is it, one foot?? Feels like it, going to order a wireless setup of some kind for another $20 or so). Very strange selection of the original 20 games, but again, solved with this USB drive.

http://www.truebluemini.com/

Side note - I tried to buy mine from three places other than Amazon, but all three gave me a credit card declined error. I suspect it's on their end as I use that card all the time online and in person with no issues, so I'm thinking they ship to US but are from China and my card auto-declines that biz.

Other Side note - I hope they make another stick that includes personal favorites Medal of Honor: Underground, Powerslave, UmJammer Lammy, Ehrgeiz, Tobal #1, RayStorm, Raiden, Star Gladiator, and Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi ( :) ) among others that are not on any of the three drives they currently offer. And I hope they do it before Sony finds them and has thugs burn down their warehouse wherever it is. Because you know they will.

• Like 1

@sofa you can make your own collection you know -- it's not like any of these were legally licensed. But that's an interestingly named product and an easy way to get a big collection.

True, but like several others who reviewed the TrueBlue, I no longer have the isos (for the games I legally own on disc of course) nor wish to spend the time finding a great source and taking the time to download them (my internet speed isn't great either, it's cheap and I get what I pay for ;) ). So the USB drive is a good, cheap, easy way to go.

If I was doing it on my own, yes, I would have about 25 games total on my drive, and about 2/3 of them are currently on the TrueBlue mini. So it's serving my needs well for the price.

True, but like several others who reviewed the TrueBlue, I no longer have the isos (for the games I legally own on disc of course) nor wish to spend the time finding a great source and taking the time to download them (my internet speed isn't great either, it's cheap and I get what I pay for ;) ). So the USB drive is a good, cheap, easy way to go.

If I was doing it on my own, yes, I would have about 25 games total on my drive, and about 2/3 of them are currently on the TrueBlue mini. So it's serving my needs well for the price.

I noticed the price drop and had one of these in my cart, but I ended up dropping it. My reasoning was similar to yours. I have some PS1 ISOs, but not many. I downloaded those 1 at a time years ago, and I've not run across a "ready to go" download of a ton of games in my very light searching. On top of that, PS1 games are kinda large and take up space and time to move around.

The USB stick option is nice, but I just don't think I would play this thing really at all if I bought it, so I'm saving my $30 (for now).

I noticed the price drop and had one of these in my cart, but I ended up dropping it. My reasoning was similar to yours. I have some PS1 ISOs, but not many. I downloaded those 1 at a time years ago, and I've not run across a "ready to go" download of a ton of games in my very light searching. On top of that, PS1 games are kinda large and take up space and time to move around.

The USB stick option is nice, but I just don't think I would play this thing really at all if I bought it, so I'm saving my $30 (for now).

Yes I hear yall. But why mod it. Roms are sketchy anyway. And lots of sites are being shut dow.

Why not just buy it for 30 dollars just to play the 20 builtin games. That is 1 dollar and 50 cents a game. Even back then it was like 30-50 per game so not bad. Even just to play the ones you never did back then.

Yes I hear yall. But why mod it. Roms are sketchy anyway. And lots of sites are being shut dow.

Why not just buy it for 30 dollars just to play the 20 builtin games. That is 1 dollar and 50 cents a game. Even back then it was like 30-50 per game so not bad. Even just to play the ones you never did back then.

Yeah, its probably a good deal just for the builtin games, but . . . I can play most of those games elsewhere (many I already own). Also, I heard about the PAL versions being on the system and that pushes me over the edge to just pass.

How is the PAL thing anyway, is it noticeable enough to make a difference?

• Like 1

I'm tempted, but only because I could toss what I want on there. But the reality is I don't think I will. Why? Even with the non-retroarch trash version of the hack that could supply me with anything I could need, that there IS the problem. TIME, GAMES, NOTHING into it. It would just be a dumb flash kit I'd ultimately barely touch because I lack the time, too many games to choose, and I'd feel no personal investment into it being ISOs(ROMS) so I wouldn't give a crap to dig into the games. I've already got a PSOne+LCD combo and 27 games for it as it is, some still barely scratched almost entirely found locally. If I need HD that badly, the same $30 could get me that POUND cable and I'd be thrilled. How about anyone wanting to waste $30 on this turd, send me a pound cable instead.

• Like 1