IGNORED

PlayStation Classic (mini) is coming...............

Someone sent me one off my Amazon wishlist along with the "Crackhead Pack" USB stick!  I don't think I care of it prevents it from being updated in the future, but what I do care about is using a different controller.  Can I just plug another controller into this thing with analog?  Is there a simple update out there just to add additional controller support?

On 6/14/2019 at 9:21 PM, Shannon said:

Looking in the comments section you can use a PS3 controller by pressing down on the d-pad and select. Then re-activate ( turn on ) the controller.

Tried this and it didn't work.  The PS3 analog stick works without doing anything, but the dpad and buttons do nothing.  Pressing down and select does nothing.

On 6/19/2019 at 11:14 PM, towmater said:

Can I take the iso's off of this Crackhead and put just those on an Autobleem drive?

I have the crackhead stick.  I tried to just plug it into Windows, but of course, that didn't work.

I'm pretty good at following instructions but know virtually nothing about Linux.  I have a RetroPi though . . . If someone wants to walk me through how to see if I can get these games dumped off the stick using a RetroPi I am game.  Message me.

For anyone who has not been keeping track.  ModMyClassic has a beta version of Xash3d running on the PSC.  Which means we can now play Half-life and some mods on the PSC.  So far I have Half-Life setup up as well as Blue Shift, Opposing Forces and some mod called ESHQ,

It has a couple of quirks but for the most part runs rather nice.  :D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Will you customize them for the recipient? I think that would be a nice thing to do, and an excellent gift to receive. 

Yes, that was my plan. Or give them a USB drive with some simple instructions. I haven't modded my own yet, though. 

What's the method with the best ease-to-features ratio you've found, if you don't mind my asking?

16 minutes ago, boxpressed said:

What's the method with the best ease-to-features ratio you've found, if you don't mind my asking?

I need to mess with mine more, but Autobleem was pretty easy to use out of the box, and kept the same circular carousel as the stock firmware, which I liked. The hardest part is waiting for the slow transfer speeds, but these are relatively big files being slung around. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationClassic/

• Like 2

I'd take the slower load on the bigger files to have the original wheel of fun the stock GUI had and as it's not just retroarch being used.  $20 is a very hard for me thing not to insta-buy, but I have to be realistic, as worthy as that value is, would I really even get that in value back out?  I honestly don't have a heap of time, and a game backlog as it is anyway including real PS1 games (and PSP, and Switch, and DS, and various retro I'll get to it laters too...argh.)

If my plate was relatively clear I'd have bought and hacked it back at that $30 sale, and hell if I didn't have a PSOne+LCD combo, same thing, maybe even at $40-50.  I really like what people did to it middle fingering Sony on how stupid and negligent they were as it made a real turd end up being something pretty fantastic with relatively light work to do so too.  I wouldn't be surprised if Hakchi was far more complicated on the Nintendo duo of minis.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I'd take the slower load on the bigger files to have the original wheel of fun the stock GUI had and as it's not just retroarch being used.

Actually he is referring to the transfer speed when copying images over to the USB for us.  Gameplay is not affected in that regard.

• 3 weeks later...

The new AutoBleem Beta is out now.  Most importantly to me, there was a bug in the earlier Retroarch that would cause it to crash

if you played too many games.  After testing it for a few days, I think it's been fixed.   There is also some analog stick support, but

not sure how it goes yet.

Funny, I almost never play PS1 games on the Classic, just the old stuff.  For a non-PC gamer, this might be the best emulation

box I've seen besides the OG Xbox.

Retroarch issues were fixed months ago.  It was just a matter of using the KMFDManic retroarch injector for autobleem to overwrite the older versions of retroarch.  I have to say that I've been loving it.  A lot more stable now.  I'm hoping the next version of bleemsynch will have some form of wi-fi network ability.  I really want to try out the achievements feature of retroarch. :D

As of this past weekend, my local Wal-Mart has them at Cdn$75 (roughly US$50); the shelves are still full of stock, so it does not look like they are selling too fast. I keep checking, waiting for a sale... ?