IGNORED

PlayStation Classic (mini) is coming...............

I have the older Nvidia Shield Portable, and it's my go-to for emulation. I really wish they'd updated the hardware in the portable form factor to the newer processor. I either use it as a handheld or hook it up to my TV and use the Nvidia wireless controller or the 8bitdo SNES style Bluetooth controller. It's my favourite gaming device.

I have one too but I find it a little on the heavy side. I can recommend the GPD Win handhelds as a modern alternative (PC with Steam)

Actually, Nvidia was going to update the portable, but it was canceled and Nvidia went to work on the Nintendo Switch instead. Ah, what could have been... However, it is still a good little device and the Nvidia Shield TV with the updated controller is a good piece of kit, too. I am very much happy with my Nvidia Shield TV. Now, to just have some time to try and get the thing up and running with retro gaming goodness.

I have the older Nvidia Shield Portable, and it's my go-to for emulation. I really wish they'd updated the hardware in the portable form factor to the newer processor. I either use it as a handheld or hook it up to my TV and use the Nvidia wireless controller or the 8bitdo SNES style Bluetooth controller. It's my favourite gaming device.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure when the price dropped, but today I noticed the PlayStation Classic dropped to $75 on both Amazon and Target. The price drop plus recently figured out access to emulator settings and the ability to run your own games off a USB stick made it more appealing to me :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure when the price dropped, but today I noticed the PlayStation Classic dropped to $75 on both Amazon and Target. The price drop plus recently figured out access to emulator settings and the ability to run your own games off a USB stick made it more appealing to me :)

It's $69.99 on Amazon now. I think they'll give you back the difference if you ask.

• Like 1

Yup amazon doesn't do deals unless they're preplanned for the season or prime days, lightning sales too. This isn't one of those which means they're stuck with bad reviews on the site and lots of spares. Sony being embarrassed on a site that large with that good of a cut already. It basically spells out it doesn't work well and the game list is mostly crap.

These pieces if shit are clogging shelvss in every store I see...wanting 140 CDN for it is just killing this turd even further. More so, when you ask retailers why it's not selling? Word of mouth, they tell me...hilarious! Never again shall I doubt the power of those fans who make it their mission to bring the truth to the masses: this thing would have been a screaming succes if Sony hadn't cheaped out. I would certainly have bought one. Instead, they're shelfwarming like pet rocks. Better luck next time...I am eagerly waiting to see if Sega will learn their lessons with their upcoming Genesis mini. Hopefully so!

• Like 1

Nice to see it's so heavily discounted already. I took the plunge and bought one last week just so I could stream it. People enjoyed watching it in action and it's honestly not the dumpster fire it was made out to be in the press. It's still a hard sell at $100 for people like us that are more serious about their retro games, but for casuals that haven't played a PS1 in 20 years, they'll enjoy it and not notice its flaws. For everyone else, it's a solid buy between the $50 and $75 price range, especially with how easy it is to hack.

• Like 7

How low can it go?

It looks like $70+free shipping is the new Amazon price.

BestBuy and GameStop have it for the full $100 but with a $25 gift card.

eBay doesn't yet reflect the reality that this is getting lousy reviews and probably more than a few product returns.

I'm thinking I should hold out until I see one for $50. Not because of the money but just because the "thrill of the hunt" will be more fun than actually playing with this turd.

Plus, the longer I wait, the more likely it is there will be better ways to load other software onto the device.

• Like 2

How low can it go?

It looks like $70+free shipping is the new Amazon price.

BestBuy and GameStop have it for the full $100 but with a $25 gift card.

eBay doesn't yet reflect the reality that this is getting lousy reviews and probably more than a few product returns.

I'm thinking I should hold out until I see one for $50. Not because of the money but just because the "thrill of the hunt" will be more fun than actually playing with this turd.

Plus, the longer I wait, the more likely it is there will be better ways to load other software onto the device.

Thats the game im playing. Im hoping this goes the PSTV route and gets crazy cheap. Then Ill get one......and put good games on it.

• Like 1

This has dropped down to $60 if anybody was waiting. Man this is sinking like a rock. :lol:

http://a.co/d/87J9suw

I'm such a cheap ass I canceled my order at $69.99. I bet it slides down some more. I'll reorder in a few days when the price settles as I'm sure Amazon ordered way too many and there likely will be plenty at the sub $50 price.

Amazon no longer will match price drops:

https://wallethacks.com/amazon-no-longer-refunds-price-drops/

Edited by thetick1