IGNORED

PlayStation Classic (mini) is coming...............

One thing that can be helpful in regards to using MAME with retroarch is to use playlists.  Grab the database files for the mame builds you want to use and run a Scan.  I recommend only copying one database file at a time and scanning.  Retroarch has the annoying feature where if it finds a match for one core it wont create an entry for the other cores.  So initially it was stuffing games under FBA when I wanted them under MAME.

That's about the best that can be done that I know of.

On 9/5/2019 at 5:34 PM, wongojack said:

I did it this way.  I've been down the road of ROM collecting and enjoy it, but unless you are ready to sort a bunch of PS1 ISOs (which some people are but I wasn't) then this is a great shortcut.

Here's an English link:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLCMK4N/?coliid=I12V0YW5BFQ0B8&colid=33MGG9TAY6GX&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

That's an interesting solution.  With all the complaints about the emulator, does this also replace the emulator or include any firmware changes? Or is the emulator good enough as is? With ROM sites having dried up, I might go this direction.

3 hours ago, dgdgagdae said:

That's an interesting solution.  With all the complaints about the emulator, does this also replace the emulator or include any firmware changes? Or is the emulator good enough as is? With ROM sites having dried up, I might go this direction.

I saw from an online review that it uses the same stock emulator.  I ordered it anyway, and I picked up my $20 Playstation Classic from Gamestop today.

• Like 1

Well I find I have a pretty good level of contempt for it in how it decide what is an ok rom and what isn't to load on various systems.  Neo-Geo pushed me over the top into erasing it and blowing it off entirely in the last couple of years.  To hell it will tell me that some legit board dumps I have aren't good enough for it so it makes them invisible from the menu blocking their use.  I don't like how it's setup, I really didn't like it blocking what works or not from a short list of expected files vs what is reality out there.  That's why I've been very resistant to getting a PSC because on board the emulator is badly setup and the game selection is mostly crap, so I would hack it, and I refuse to touch anything retroarch based.

• 1 month later...

If anyone missed out and was still hoping to get a good deal now that homebrewers have turned this into a pretty nice microconsole, it's in Dollar General's Black Friday ad for $25.

The bad news is it means going out on Black Friday, but Dollar General doesn't attract the crowds people picture when Black Friday is mentioned. At least up here in northern New York, they're ghost towns on that day. 

• Like 2