IGNORED

Doctor Hauzer 3DO English translation

The 3DO has some great Halloween/Horror games on it, I usually play one of the following at least one a year:

-D

-Alone in the Dark 1/2

-Escape from Monster Manor

Its nice to see that recently that another has been added to the ranks, Doctor Hauzer, the English translation is now available. There are nice copies people have made up for sale on Etsy, or you can probably find it and burn yourself a copy.

Looking forward to a little seasonal gaming on my 3DO this fall!

What are your thoughts/impressions of this game?

post-38373-0-89836700-1537450938.jpgpost-38373-0-40732100-1537450944.jpgpost-38373-0-01462200-1537450950.jpgpost-38373-0-20580400-1537450955.jpg

• Like 2

I remember playing D back in the day, but I don't think I could revisit that one. Not sure about Alone in the Darks though. I just downloaded the English translation, looking forward to giving it a go sometime.

The best 3DO horror games that are still playable today are probably Monster Manor and Killing Time.

AitD 1/2 are the type of game you had to be there at the time to appreciate today, unless you're CRAZY about survival horror history. I'd play the original Resident Evil over those any day.

I have yet to play Doctor Hauzer but watched a video on Youtube form 3DOKid who loves the 3DO and claims it is his favorite 3DO game. It looks decent and I might have to give that a go. I did play "D" and boy was that SLOOOOOOOW but I guess for the time it was probably spectacular. If I had to play any game I would prefer a free roam kind of like Resident Evil but D was more of an on-rails type game to me, I mean yeah you can roam around but there are only so many directions you could go. Maybe games of the time just couldn't handle all the moving around to different spots or it was too much for developers.

Yeah, D is one of those games that IMO has not stood the test of time. I can't imagine trying it for the first time now, plenty of older games still hold up, D (and many others) is not one of them.

AKSHUALLY!

I played D for the first time this year and I thought it was okay for its time, retroactively lol. I think I wouldn't have bothered if I had played it then, since it's so short. Even if it's super slow.

• Like 1

It might be feasible to beat it (part of the gameplay is about trial and error, anyway), but you'll miss out on the story. Not that the story is great, but I don't think I would have enjoyed the game without the translation.

I'll have to take a look at the translation then. Hope one day someone translates Belzerion as well.

Doctor Hauzer is interesting to play to see the influence it had on Resident Evil, and some clever tricks it did.

I played it without the translation, but I kinda like the spooky atmosphere and constant traps.

If you like old fashionned survival-horrors, it's a nice experience, even without the translation. But I guess it won't hurt to actually have a translation.

Doctor Hauzer is interesting to play to see the influence it had on Resident Evil, and some clever tricks it did.

I played it without the translation, but I kinda like the spooky atmosphere and constant traps.

If you like old fashionned survival-horrors, it's a nice experience, even without the translation. But I guess it won't hurt to actually have a translation.

At least it IS possible to play it without the translation. That's good.