IGNORED

HRD (Horizon Ramdisk) 2018

GDMike

Heatsink

I am not sure what is folded underneath the regulator but based on the picture in post #125, I recommend you NOT power up this card until you verify there are no shorts and that the material is non-conductive. It looks like the silver material is touching the input and/or the output leads of the regulator.

You shouldn't need anything underneath the regulator besides the heat sink and a dab of thermal compound between the heat sink and regulator.

I'd also recommend that you check the solder as it looks like it didn't flow upwards and there could be one or more 'cold' solder joints.

Ok, finished ohming out all the remaining sockets (top to underside), AND traces on the underside between sockets, I can't do the rest of the board until I get desolder braid..and a better but harmless cleaner. That will be Tues or Wed. I don't like how the camera portrays the solder job, as my many photos may indicate. But it looks good in person. Not so good in the picture. Thanks for eyeing it. I'll try to do a better job at listening. Lol

Edited by GDMike

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Today I have been testing with 3x cards, finally I understand now how to get 2x to work

(in the PEB box: 1x Flex Interface, 1x TI RS232, 1x Corcomp Disk Controller,  1x 32K and the Horizon for test):

1. Working HRD+  8k*8 ram board (186kb),

Use CFG and ROSTICC

(it gives issues going back to XB Suite 2.7)

2. HRD3000 +RAMBO card and 12x 128k, with open SW4 pins and Dipswitch for CRU select

(note because of the chips this board overlaps next PEB-slot a bit and only a card like a Speech can be mounted)

Use CFG834 and ROS834

3. ** Issue with HRD3000, with SW4 On/Off and Dipswitch for CRU select, 

but the battery has been removed and piece of cable/diode, maybe that's the issue?

If the HRD is on PowerOn boot, then it loads the cartridge automatically, e.g. Extended Basic and then loads from DSK1.

or a Editor/Assembler. Or using the Extended Basic Suite 2.7 or FinalGrom all works.

* During reset (FCTN-= QUIT) Press "SHIFT" to skip the PowerOn boot

* Copy with DiskManager the file "MENU" to the HORIZON   (DSK5.) to autoload the menu

in Menu use FCTN-5 (BEGIN) to configure the menu items

* Press FCTN-9 (BACK) to get the Titlescreen with the ROS details on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've still got all chips pulled and only the power section up and working since the docs I have for a HRD+ failed to show wiring trace layout. I need to send my board(new IC sockets and power section) to someone that can side by side compare cards. Includes 32K stacked chips with 1ea. 259, three ea 138s, a couple 8Ks. BUT i do have a bunch of 43256s, 138s, 8 pin DIP switches,  NEW in packaging that we can use.

Edited by GDMike