IGNORED

Moon Patrol hack !

TIX

What the hell is your attitude problem? If you look at my post, you'll notice I asked for a download link for the version of the game you were playing, not "one shitty video". You're the one who misunderstood and posted the video, so I commented on it.

Since there are a lot of well known Atari download sites, I figured you could easily find it for yourself and it was easier to show a video than scour my game images. The point here was to show the graphics are nearly identical to the C64 version and not show game-play or worry about making sure I got a video showing lots of action on screen. My attitude problem is that you could have EASILY looked into it all on your own instead of making ridiculous statements from a failing memory of the game years past and by actually checking it out on your own after my initial post pointing out the C64 version looks the same. I looked into it myself after you first claimed the C64 version was so much better, you could have too!

Edited by Gunstar

Since there are a lot of well known Atari download sites, I figured you could easily find it for yourself and it was easier to show a video than scour my game images. The point here was to show the graphics are nearly identical to the C64 version and not show game-play or worry about making sure I got a video showing lots of action on screen. My attitude problem is that you could have EASILY looked into it all on your own instead of making ridiculous statements from a failing memory of the game years past and by actually checking it out on your own after my initial post pointing out the C64 version looks the same. I looked into it myself after you first claimed the C64 version was so much better, you could have too!

This is exactly the response I expected from you. I predicted it, even as I posted. Now, why do you think I asked you for a link to the version of the game you were playing? Obviously, you can't figure it out for yourself, so I'll tell you. Have you ever heard that games have different versions?? There are pre-release leaks, hacks, cracks, different formats etc.. I asked to see the version YOU had, not because I didn't know how to fucking Google it or find a download source, but because I was sincerely interested in seeing that version!

I didn't make "ridiculous statements from a failing memory of the game years past" - I made perfectly reasonable statements based on the fucking videos you posted!

You act like you're still fighting the Commodore vs. Atari wars and you think, because of my username, that I'm on the Commodore side. I don't give a shit about the C64. I want the Atari version of every game I care about to be equal or better than the C64 one. That's why I posted in the first place.

Edited by Mr.Amiga500
  • Like 1

Yeah this was a fun thread about Moon Patrol.....

Anyway....I remember A8 Spy Hunter to be like that on the video....maybe not the colours but the lack of enemies in the first 5 minutes or so....

So I fired up the version that happens to be on my The!Cart and same thing......you are just driving around, enjoying the scenery and picking up some add ons from the trucks,,,,,which I shoot or crash from boredom.

I always disliked the inertia of the car too......never a big fan of this game, not even on the arcade machine.....give me Burnin Rubber anytime....

Edited by Level42

This is exactly the response I expected from you. I predicted it, even as I posted. Now, why do you think I asked you for a link to the version of the game you were playing? Obviously, you can't figure it out for yourself, so I'll tell you. Have you ever heard that games have different versions?? There are pre-release leaks, hacks, cracks, different formats etc.. I asked to see the version YOU had, not because I didn't know how to fucking Google it or find a download source, but because I was sincerely interested in seeing that version!

I didn't make "ridiculous statements from a failing memory of the game years past" - I made perfectly reasonable statements based on the fucking videos you posted!

You act like you're still fighting the Commodore vs. Atari wars and you think, because of my username, that I'm on the Commodore side. I don't give a shit about the C64. I want the Atari version of every game I care about to be equal or better than the C64 one. That's why I posted in the first place.

Sorry, was having a bad day earlier, I should have stayed away from posting. as to the failing memory comment, that was directed at one of your earlier posts, not that one I was quoting. No, I'm not a Commodore hater, I used to own a C64 and I plan on getting one again. I also used to own and plan on getting an Amiga 2000 again. I don't play favorites with brands, just engineers and Jay Miner is my favorite. I prefer the Atari 8-bit over the C64 and I prefer the Amiga over the ST.

It seemed to me that you were just continuing to find excuses to find fault with the Atari version.. And I felt it was Commodore fan-boy ignorance on your part, "I've made up my mind don't confuse me with the facts" scenario, I was wrong. Like you thought I was being an ATari fan-boy. But again, I am sorry for being rude about it, I felt you were being rude and I was returning the "favor." I shouldn't have. Just explaining, not justifying. I sincerely apologize.

Oh, and I've never seen different versions of Spy Hunter for the Atari, only formats. that's why I didn't "figure out" you were suggesting different versions. never seen a beta, a hack or different released versions beyond format and packaging.

It's not like I sat and watched through the Atari Spy Hunter video I posted, I'm quite familiar with what it's like already, I just picked the first one that came up that was just a few minutes.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Spyhunter never ignited my interest in it - sure, it looks interesting at first - but there wasn't that much to do in it - hazy memory?

There was potential in the theme - just would have liked to have seen more variety in it? Maybe to have added stuff from other similar games into it?

There should be the potential to make this kind of game well on the A8 hardware?

Would be no easy feat to put it all together.

We're all a critical bunch here - that may scare a possible developer into working on such projects.

But I believe we can be very supportive too - and only want developers to succeed with their effort.

Harvey

• Like 1

There is video on Youtube with yours hack. Game looks excellent with new sprites and new colors.

But problem with collision detection is serious. Take a look at the video how bomb which hit the ground before vehicle destroy it :(. Watch the video from time 4:48.

https://youtu.be/D4E-DWB9800?t=285

Edited by urborg
  • Like 3

Based on the code snippet above, you should change the value at $0891 fro $2C to $1C. Not sure if anything else relies on the value at $0891 though.

please bear with me.. I'm not sure I understand,

I have searched hack-o-matic and omnivore for $0891 and 0891 but no luck, surely I'm doing it wrong :(

Edited by TIX

• 4 weeks later...