Swami

will there be more Atarivox + ?

I don't know how long they were back, but they were there one day, gone a few days later. Will the store be getting more? I'll order one pronto this time.

Yes, I plan on making a large batch in November after the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

Mark one up for the UK, I'll def be buying one :D

• Like 1

Mark one up for the UK, I'll def be buying one :D

Make that two for the UK. I've reserved some funds for one. :)

• Like 2

Al is your new AVATAR a SIGN of something? Are we getting close for FROGGIE? I have a POKEY chip and a store credit burning a hole in my pocket. :P

• Like 1

Al is your new AVATAR a SIGN of something? Are we getting close for FROGGIE? I have a POKEY chip and a store credit burning a hole in my pocket. :P

Love the Froggie avatar...can't wait to see the Aardvark one. :-D

Yes, I plan on making a large batch in November after the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

Hi Albert, I was watching a Youtube video in which it was said that Atarivox+ has trouble with the new Wizard or Wor. I think I bought mine about 2 years ago. Does that mean my unit may have trouble with the new game? Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Albert, I was watching a Youtube video in which it was said that Atarivox+ has trouble with the new Wizard or Wor. I think I bought mine about 2 years ago. Does that mean my unit may have trouble with the new game? Thanks.

We're working on it. :)

..Al

• Like 1

I bought mine in July of 2017 and I am also curious. I heard that Dungeon Stalker is one of the most taxing existing games for the Vox+.

I popped it in and gave it a spin and didn't notice any issues like ZPHB did with WoWA.

• Like 1

We're working on it. :)

..Al

Ok Albert, so does this mean that Atarivox+ units like the one I bought need to be replaced or upgraded. You dont have to answer until you have figured it out :)

I will be buying a copy of this game for sure :)

I wonder if it could be made to work with the 5200's Expansion Port with an appropriate adapter cable. I know the 5200's Expansion Port - like the later 7800 Expansion Port - has very low bandwidth capacity, but so do the joystick ports. Hmmm... Seems very appropriate since that Port was going to have a musical keyboard made for it back-in-the-day...

Edited by Lynxpro

Sorry for the double post but as you stated earlier there were plans to make a large batch of AtariVox's after the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. The expo finished several weeks ago, we're in the middle of November and we haven't heard any news in awhile. I just checked the the store, and as of a few minutes prior to this post they are still out of stock. Could you please tell us when the large batch is planned to be available?

Regards,

Heroes & Shadows

https://heroesandshadowsgame.neocities.org

Patience.

Atari Age is not a Fortune 500 company with thousands of employees. Last time I checked it was pretty much a one-person company. :)

I am also guessing that Al has hundreds of orders for the new games that were released at PRGE. I know I am one of them waiting for 3 new games to show up in my mailbox.

• Like 1

Patience.

Atari Age is not a Fortune 500 company with thousands of employees. Last time I checked it was pretty much a one-person company. :)

I am also guessing that Al has hundreds of orders for the new games that were released at PRGE. I know I am one of them waiting for 3 new games to show up in my mailbox.

And unlike Best Electronics, Albert has never claimed it wasn't anything more than a[n awesome] one-man operation. :)

• Like 1

AtariVox+ (the reason is described somewhere in the forum)

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Yes, the new AtariVox+ (got mine a few weeks ago) is glitching with the new Wizard of Wor from Champ. Although, I am using Stella and not an actual Atari 2600... don't know if that makes a difference.

If Stella is doing its job correctly (which I assume it is), then it should act the same as real hardware exactly. So it shouldn't make any difference what you're using.