IGNORED

will there be more Atarivox + ?

Swami

I had the same issue with the latest public release of the WOW wip rom on 3 different 7800s I tested it on with my AVox+. Basically you would hear a few phrases playing the game but within 30 sec the reset tones would play on the AVox+ and you would hear nothing more. Another interesting side effect to this was that I continued to play the game as normal and left the AVox+ plugged in. When I lost my last guy, I put in my initials into the high score screen. After that, the high score screen kept toggling between it and the enemy point value screen and back to the high score screen within 1 sec of each other back and forth. It was as if the controller inputs were stuck. Once I unplugged the AVox+ from the second player port, this issue stopped immediately. Normally at this point the game goes back to the title screen and rotates between that, game play demo, and high score screen etc ever so often but not 1 sec intervals.

So it would seem that on my 7800, when the AVox+ began to mess up, it also was causing the system to register controller input from port 2 as being stuck down or something as well.

I think the only way to resolve these issues quickly, is to offer the AVox+ as strictly a VecVox+ device and then offer the original AVox itself since I don't believe any issues have been reported using the older version device?

Be great if there was a quick way to disabled the Vectrex support from my current AVox+ to test this in some way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on what the culprit with the AtariVox+ shutting off unexpectedly is? I only ask cause it would be nice if I could start working on adding support for the AtariVox to my game. Unfortunately, my game needs to save progress so an AtariVox is more or less necessary. I really wanted to have basic support added before Christmas but, at this moment with everything that's happening it's very unlikely. Either way thanks for creating a great product. Hoping it will be available again someday.

Sincerely,

Heroes & Shadows

Edited by Heroes & Shadows

Any news on what the culprit with the AtariVox+ shutting off unexpectedly is? I only ask cause it would be nice if I could start working on adding support for the AtariVox to my game. Unfortunately, my game needs to save progress so an AtariVox is more or less necessary. I really wanted to have basic support added before Christmas but, at this moment with everything that's happening it's very unlikely. Either way thanks for creating a great product. Hoping it will be available again someday.

The issue doesn't affect games that are using the AtariVox+ for just storing and retrieving information, which is what most games use it for. It only affects a few games that use speech, and only one on the 2600 that I'm aware of. I don't want to build more AtariVox+ units at the moment, though, until the cause of the issue is discerned and a fix is developed. I'm hoping that can happen early in the new year.

..Al

• 1 month later...

The issue doesn't affect games that are using the AtariVox+ for just storing and retrieving information, which is what most games use it for. It only affects a few games that use speech, and only one on the 2600 that I'm aware of. I don't want to build more AtariVox+ units at the moment, though, until the cause of the issue is discerned and a fix is developed. I'm hoping that can happen early in the new year.

..Al

Hey Albert,

Hope you had a great Christmas & New Years! Was wondering if it would be possible to buy one of those "bugged" AtariVox+ for testing my game. I don't care if it doesn't work 100%, as long as I can test my game with an AtariVox+ :P. Also do you have any plans to sell stuff on Amazon?