IGNORED

New Donkey Kong PK batch

tep392

• 2 weeks later...

I have a list of 11 people interested right now, so I'm starting another batch. I just ordered 20 boards. PM's have been sent to folks who showed interest. If you would like one, and didn't get a notice from me, just send a PM and I'll get you instructions on how to order.

Thanks,

Perry

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a XM pre ordered and was hoping to get a copy of your Donkey Kong. Yes I have a donor ballblazer cart. Hope to hear from you soon on being able to order from you and what I need to do. Im not on here much but I have traded with Shawn in the past and he knows me if that helps. Thank you, Brett

Yep, Brett is a stand up guy. I totally vouch for him. Known him for 10 years. Many dealings back and forth.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As much as I love owning a real cartridge of "Donkey Kong PK", it is much more convenient to play everything via my Cuttle Cart 2.  I was looking through my files and found a .a78 version of the DKPK demo but unfortunately the Cuttle Cart requires .bin format.  Is there a .bin of this floating around somewhere?  I looked around but have come up empty as of yet.  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, SS said:

As much as I love owning a real cartridge of "Donkey Kong PK", it is much more convenient to play everything via my Cuttle Cart 2.  I was looking through my files and found a .a78 version of the DKPK demo but unfortunately the Cuttle Cart requires .bin format.  Is there a .bin of this floating around somewhere?  I looked around but have come up empty as of yet.  Thanks.

Can't you just strip the header bits off the .A78 file with a hex editor? I think the standard .A78 header is 128 bytes but I'm sure a real expert (@tep392, @Trebor, @PacManPlus ...?) will weigh in shortly. 

56 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Can't you just strip the header bits off the .A78 file with a hex editor? I think the standard .A78 header is 128 bytes but I'm sure a real expert (@tep392, @Trebor, @PacManPlus ...?) will weigh in shortly. 

Correct...but...

1 hour ago, SS said:

...this won't work. 

The largest POKEY sound supported ROM size is 128K (I.E. Commando) under the CC2.  Donkey Kong PK (and Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest) are 144K with POKEY.   I believe technically, if one was to rebuild/recompile the source files for the CC2, support could be added.  Lack of resources have resulted in this not happening.

Regardless, attached are both the NTSC and PAL respective demo bin files.

Donkey Kong PK-XM (NTSC) (Demo) (v1.2) (20130905).bin Donkey Kong PK-XM (PAL) (Demo) (v1.2) (20130905).bin

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1