IGNORED

New Donkey Kong PK batch

tep392

1 hour ago, Trebor said:

Regardless, attached are both the NTSC and PAL respective demo bin files.

Thanks.  I'll give them a try tomorrow on the Cuttle Cart and see how things go.  It sounds like probably not too well though ...

On 6/21/2019 at 4:16 PM, tep392 said:

The CC2 would need to support ROM and POKEY sitting at $4000 at the same time, like the Mateos cart does. Dont think the CC2 has that capability. 

It doesn’t support new bank switch schemes much beyond what was used in the life of the 7800. Chad Schell added a few himself but I think he’s dropped all support for the Cuttle Carts and I don’t believe anyone else knows how to code new bankswitch schemes.

wish he’d at least document how it works so the community can do moving forward but his choice. ?

On 6/23/2019 at 4:13 AM, DracIsBack said:

It doesn’t support new bank switch schemes much beyond what was used in the life of the 7800. Chad Schell added a few himself but I think he’s dropped all support for the Cuttle Carts and I don’t believe anyone else knows how to code new bankswitch schemes.

wish he’d at least document how it works so the community can do moving forward but his choice. ?

I wish he would publish the complete files so we could make more of them. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, tep392 said:

I have a couple boards left.  Just need buyer to send me a Ballblazer cart and I can make one up. :)

edit: I have previously offered to send the ROM to anyone who purchases a cart, if requested.

This is one of the best 2 for 1 deals :thumbsup:

BTW, for anyone that may want one, Marc Oberhäuser makes a DK PK box.

<EDIT> I know I'm preaching to the choir here, since the POKEY is the reason for this thread.  However, if anyone is coming across this thread for the first time and is wondering about getting the POKEY version...wonder no more.  Don't misunderstand me, this game is excellent without the POKEY, but the POKEY simply puts it over the top.  I happened to receive my copy a couple of years ago, just in time to celebrate my 50th birthday party, which just happened to be an Atari themed party.  Anyway, after popping this cart into my 7800 and playing one game, everyone wanted to play it.  I had to get a second console out, just to dedicate to this game.

Thanks again Perry and anyone else that may have been involved in the creation of this gem. :thumbsup: 

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

I have parts for 20 more cartridges!  And CPUWIZ was nice enough to send me the top shelf boards with gold plated contacts and beveled edge.

Price is same $52 as previous batches and you need to send me a ...

Option 1) donor Ballblazer cart

OR 

Option 2) POKEY chip + 7800 donor cart, needed for shell. 

PM me if you want to purchase one.

DKPK_Parts.thumb.jpg.3be2770ef70300a61edb5dc0e9d6e71e.jpg

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, NostAlgae37 said:

Should I feel "board envy" now that I have the version with the older and less glitzy board?  :lol:

No, the ones he is using, are the very first ones run.  The 500 or so purple ones, are the second run of Rev.A, nobody has one of the Versa 2 boards, except maybe Trebor. ;)

• Like 3