tep392

New Donkey Kong PK batch

1 hour ago, Trebor said:

Regardless, attached are both the NTSC and PAL respective demo bin files.

Thanks.  I'll give them a try tomorrow on the Cuttle Cart and see how things go.  It sounds like probably not too well though ...

The CC2 would need to support ROM and POKEY sitting at $4000 at the same time, like the Mateos cart does. Dont think the CC2 has that capability. 

• Like 3

On 6/21/2019 at 4:16 PM, tep392 said:

The CC2 would need to support ROM and POKEY sitting at $4000 at the same time, like the Mateos cart does. Dont think the CC2 has that capability. 

It doesn’t support new bank switch schemes much beyond what was used in the life of the 7800. Chad Schell added a few himself but I think he’s dropped all support for the Cuttle Carts and I don’t believe anyone else knows how to code new bankswitch schemes.

wish he’d at least document how it works so the community can do moving forward but his choice. 😞

On 6/23/2019 at 4:13 AM, DracIsBack said:

It doesn’t support new bank switch schemes much beyond what was used in the life of the 7800. Chad Schell added a few himself but I think he’s dropped all support for the Cuttle Carts and I don’t believe anyone else knows how to code new bankswitch schemes.

wish he’d at least document how it works so the community can do moving forward but his choice. 😞

I wish he would publish the complete files so we could make more of them. 

• Like 2

I was going to try and reverse-engineer the files at some point using the known banking schemes...  But I have a feeling that will be a LARGE undertaking...  I'm curious to look at the hex dump of the banking files though.

I was pretty sure that Batari wrote a new banking file for the CC2. I thought Chad had released some tech documents for the CC2 when he ended support for it.

Mitch

• Like 1