IGNORED

Which homebrew games to buy next?

Reality Studio

Hey all, I'm in the mood to buy some new homebrew games for my lovely Atari 2600 as I'm a huge fan of the homebrew scene. I've listed the current homebrew games I already own below, and wanted to ask everyone for recommendations on fun homebrews to buy that I'm missing. I'm definitely going to get Mappy and Wizard of Wor, and I'm thinking maybe an additional 8 on top of that, just not sure which ones to get. Suggestions for fun games would be appreciated, and like always we'll play them live on our Twitch stream!

Anguna

Assembloids

AStar

Blinky Goes Up

Brik

Cave In

Colony 7

Conquest Of Mars

Crazy Balloon

Draconian

Drive!

Dungeon

Epic Adventure

Fall Down

Flappy

Go Fish!

Gunfight

Hunchy 2

Juno First

Ladybug

Lead

Medieval Mayhem

Oystron

Pacman 4k

Panky The Panda

Pleiades

Power Off!

Seawolf

Skeleton +

Space Battle

Space Cactus Canyon

Space Rocks

Space Treat Deluxe

Spies In The Night

Squish 'Em

Star Castle

Star Fire

Stay Frosty 2

Stella's Stockings

Super Cobra Arcade

Sync

The Byte Before Christmas

Three.S

Thrus+

Toyshop Trouble

Wall Jump Ninja

Zippy The Porcupine

Edited by Reality Studio
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm in the mood to buy some new homebrew games for my lovely Atari 2600 as I'm a huge fan of the homebrew scene. I've listed the current homebrew games I already own below, and wanted to ask everyone for recommendations on fun homebrews to buy that I'm missing. I'm definitely going to get Mappy and Wizard of Wor, and I'm thinking maybe an additional 8 on top of that, just not sure which ones to get. Suggestions for fun games would be appreciated, and like always we'll play them live on our Twitch stream!

Anguna

Assembloids

AStar

Blinky Goes Up

Brik

Cave In

Colony 7

Conquest Of Mars

Crazy Balloon

Draconian

Drive!

Dungeon

Epic Adventure

Fall Down

Flappy

Go Fish!

Gunfight

Hunchy 2

Juno First

Ladybug

Lead

Medieval Mayhem

Oystron

Pacman 4k

Panky The Panda

Pleiades

Power Off!

Seawolf

Skeleton +

Space Battle

Space Cactus Canyon

Space Rocks

Space Treat Deluxe

Spies In The Night

Squish 'Em

Star Castle

Star Fire

Stay Frosty 2

Stella's Stockings

Super Cobra Arcade

Sync

The Byte Before Christmas

Three.S

Thrus+

Toyshop Trouble

Wall Jump Ninja

Zippy The Porcupine

I'd recommend any homebrew games covered in my books here: https://amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Best home brew idea completed in paper and ink form. You are commander of an intergalactic fleet of star-faring colonial polar bears. Finally, you're making your approach to a smallish, spiral galaxy when a bright Lieutenant forward-observer docks with the ship to present his highly scientific finding regarding the only sentient race in this particular region of space. What you don't know is that he has completely procrastinated, done a wretched job, never wanted to be a science officer in the first place and originally trained to be a lifeguard. He only managed to capture two of these creatures, which he then locked in a smallish, empty room. After the female died he discovered that they require food to survive, so he gave the male a fish and some roots. The male, however, at this point had gone mad and jabbered on with his mouth full until stabbing himself in the face repeatedly with his salmon-fork until dead. In his last-minute haste, your science officer randomly edited together footage of his "incalculably immense" library of research to show you only the model form of the species in its native environment. Thus the player needs to recreate the male and female (who are essentially walruss) Doing so requires finding the right pieces, so it is like adventure. Maybe do something fancy with the graphics. First VCS game with full motion 24bit graphics and scrolling. Item works correctly with Minklink unit.

• 4 weeks later...