IGNORED

Repair or replacement parts for original TI joysticks?

ianoid

3 hours ago, jetset said:

curious if anyone has found a way to address this.

The cheapest way hat I have found to fix then is with clean product and conductive painting. 

I fixed 3 pairs and after 2 years still works all. 

I also searched a way to print a new mylar but no luck to find a good price for this.

6 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

@jetset

I am using this one purchased 2 years ago.
Buy Conductive Silver Paint, Conductive Varnish 2 ml - Repair kit –  Electrically Conductive Silver Ink Paste Online in Oman. B00PSKQZ60

I am really not an expert about conductive paint but anyway I have never used a pen like so I can't say. sorry 

Where did you purchase that from? I  can't find it on the web. I found a few but they were several hundred bucks a bottle!

I really don't remember, it could be from Amazon or AliBaba/aliexpress or eBay...
anyway I suggest to try also something new, if not works you will purchase another at least.
You don't need to purchase a lot of product. my one is 2ml only and after two years, the half is still there.

3 hours ago, Geoff Oltmans said:

I was able to revive mine with just a pencil eraser. I'm sure that works only so long though. ha.

Yes generally that works perfectly. The Stick(s) I bought were so worn, the circuit lines were almost completely gone, so I got conductive metal paint and surprisingly it worked great. I actually do the pencil eraser/alcohol q-tip thing on my 5200 controllers once in a while, I'm actually going to try and repair some old ones where the circuit is worn out as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...