IGNORED

ST/Amiga Mouse adapter for Jaguar Gridrunner & Defender of the Crown

MacRorie

Now if someone could do an adapter to use the Atari 5200 CX53 Trak-Ball in the place of the ST Mouse, I'd buy that in a heart beat... Imagine Crack'ed being ported and getting to play that sucker with a Trak-Ball instead of a mouse. Or even ST Missile Command... :)

Awesome work nonetheless.

Aha! But they might not always in the future!

ST wiring will likely be the safest choice.

It does sound like the most sensible choice but do you know for sure?

I now have the adapter and no mouse yet. There's no original ST mice on the bay at the moment but there are Amiga mice. I may have to go for the Amiga unless anyone knows of an ST one that's available?

It does sound like the most sensible choice but do you know for sure?

I now have the adapter and no mouse yet. There's no original ST mice on the bay at the moment but there are Amiga mice. I may have to go for the Amiga unless anyone knows of an ST one that's available?

I was just talking shit, man :)

I'm sure you'll be fine with an Amiga mouse.

I received my adapter over the weekend and confirmed it works great with Elansar (cartridge version) and Griddunner! Looking forward to trying it with Defender of the Crown!

I have the ST Star Wars on a homemade cart, and thoigh the mouse was recognized, I couldnt get it to calibrate; the movement of the reticule were erratic and appeared to almost be in multiple places at once. Not sure if there is a way to change that.

Edited by kurtori

I received my adapter over the weekend and confirmed it works great with Elansar (cartridge version) and Griddunner! Looking forward to trying it with Defender of the Crown!

I have the ST Star Wars on a homemade cart, and thoigh the mouse was recognized, I couldnt get it to calibrate; the movement of the reticule were erratic and appeared to almost be in multiple places at once. Not sure if there is a way to change that.

Were you using an ST or Amiga mouse?

• Like 1

No luck with this. I ordered a refurbished Amiga tank mouse and it fits fine. The problem is with the connection to the Jaguar, it's quite loose so the mouse buttons only work if I am constantly fiddling with the adapter.

The direction control of the mouse ball won't work at all. Same story with Impulse X CD and Gridrunner. Same story on two Jaguars also.

So I tried without the plastic half-housing, same story.

Thank you but doubt that. Port 2 has barely been used. I have a third jaguar which has a brand new motherboard, I'll try that one too. The supplier of the mouse is certain it works correctly. I have no amiga to try it with.

Hmm, I test them out with my collection of mice/trackballs here, before they go out, so not sure what the problem could be. Could have a cold solder, but there is not much to them. two connectors and a board. I have not had any problems with connection, I push it in, put the mouse/trackball on it and fire away. No one has reported any problems, so this is a first. I can send you another, if you are still having problems.

• Like 1

Thanks MacRorie / Zerosquare

I do have an Amiga! I have a CD32. I'm not too familiar with it so I need to explore the collection to see what I can use that uses mouse. Anyone know if it's port 1 or 2 on a CD32 for mouse?

The mouse was cleaned and tested on the inside before it was sent to me, although I'm having trouble accessing the ball, the cover is really tight.

The adapter did come apart when I removed it from the housing but I pushed the connectors back onto the board, still no luck. I'll give the CD32 a try and if the mouse is good then could I have a replacement adapter but soldered this time?

Edited by Guitari

The connectors weren't soldered to the board?

That sounds like a whoopsie!

If you can't solder them yourself, you could send it to me and I'll solder them in and send it back out to you. It's a 5 minute job and I'm in the UK so would likely be faster than sending a new one.

Wouldn't cost you anything other than postage to me.

• Like 1

Thanks MacRorie / Zerosquare

I do have an Amiga! I have a CD32. I'm not too familiar with it so I need to explore the collection to see what I can use that uses mouse. Anyone know if it's port 1 or 2 on a CD32 for mouse?

The mouse was cleaned and tested on the inside before it was sent to me, although I'm having trouble accessing the ball, the cover is really tight.

The adapter did come apart when I removed it from the housing but I pushed the connectors back onto the board, still no luck. I'll give the CD32 a try and if the mouse is good then could I have a replacement adapter but soldered this time?

Okay, THAT's not supposed to happen! Sorry about that. Not sure how that happened at all. My most sincerest and humble apologies. I will gladly send you a new one, just let me know if you want to do that or just solder it in. Again, deepest apologies, I must have grabbed one from the wrong pile when putting it in the envelope. I have a pretty strictly procedure I follow for orders, but obviously this one got through. SO sorry!

• Like 1

Got it back Gummy - thanks so much! However still no joy :( I get a shakey movement on the mouse config screen of Impulse X whereas before it was dead. But not moving now as it should. This is selecting both Amiga and ST mice.

I'll try on the other jaguars later but I can't see that'll help :(