IGNORED

Fatal Run Review up...

gorfcadet

I've never read the manual.

Having played up to the first town(I guess,) I'm confused. The title screen reminds me of Atari arcade games of the era. I enjoyed the graphics. The sound is serviceable. Control doesn't seem too bad overall, although I hate having to use up to accelerate.

The little 'radar' screen is cute, but doesn't help much. Surely they could have allowed us to be able to tell a bush on the side of the road from an enemy vehicle before contacting it.

Smoke screen(?) and oil slick seem pointless and ineffectual. Do they cause damage?

I wasn't sure if having more people explode during the 'intermission' was good or bad. Is it based on your time?

The store is indeed needlessly confusing, although it looks good. Is bonus all the money you have to work with, or extra? I only had $100, and I'm guessing that's pretty bad.

That's as far as I played.

• Like 2

I've never read the manual.

Having played up to the first town(I guess,) I'm confused. The title screen reminds me of Atari arcade games of the era. I enjoyed the graphics. The sound is serviceable. Control doesn't seem too bad overall, although I hate having to use up to accelerate.

The little 'radar' screen is cute, but doesn't help much. Surely they could have allowed us to be able to tell a bush on the side of the road from an enemy vehicle before contacting it.

Smoke screen(?) and oil slick seem pointless and ineffectual. Do they cause damage?

I wasn't sure if having more people explode during the 'intermission' was good or bad. Is it based on your time?

The store is indeed needlessly confusing, although it looks good. Is bonus all the money you have to work with, or extra? I only had $100, and I'm guessing that's pretty bad.

That's as far as I played.

The oil and smoke appear to take out enemies or at least push them pretty far back. I think the people are based on time... survivors add to your money and yes, that is all you get. It was very hard to "save" for the expensive stuff. Playable game, but not worth what it is going for these days.

• Like 2

Not a fave of mine. Honestly, we were bagging on Scrapyard Dog before, but I found that way more fun than Fatal Run. FR had a cool title screen, cool intermissions a password save and a terrific ending. But as a game, I thought it was a poorly executed Roadblasters will levels that went on way too long and were really repetitive.

Your mileage may vary.

• Like 2

This is another game that should/could have been much better than it is. Again, most all of the (what normally adds up to fun) elements are there, but thanks to flawed execution - leaves you wallowing in tedium. Games like this will never be considered classics. I'd rather play Motor Psycho. Wait, what? :lol:

• Like 1