IGNORED

NEW Game demo Lots of Hearts

1980gamer

Here is a new demo.

It is the first game of the second series of games for my Necco Factory games.

I was hoping to make this all in one game, But I ran out of room. So, 2 sets of games I guess.

In this one, you need to complete rows to remove them... think tetris.

when all rows are completed, the next level begins. This demo repeats the first level.

I am thinking of giving an optional spotter to help aim. but, that may make it too easy?

Currently named Lots of Hearts. Necco's famous Valentine candy.

Let me know if you like it.

Here is a new demo.

It is the first game of the second series of games for my Necco Factory games.

I was hoping to make this all in one game, But I ran out of room. So, 2 sets of games I guess.

In this one, you need to complete rows to remove them... think tetris.

when all rows are completed, the next level begins. This demo repeats the first level.

I am thinking of giving an optional spotter to help aim. but, that may make it too easy?

Currently named Lots of Hearts. Necco's famous Valentine candy.

Let me know if you like it.

I think you forgot to add it

Okay, here we go again....

Because of the troubles... The Demo has 4 levels... The timer is only for bonus points and it doesn't reset yet.

This is NEC33-X

I also included Part 1 of the NECCO suite. This has 5 games. Game 5 works, but to work as intended, I need to get the recursive logic working.....

This is TEST7-X

I hope I did this correctly this time!

NEC33-X.zip

Plays really well :) Perhaps adding a special tile which explodes when touched by a heart from below could spice up the game even more? Another idea is to allow partial completion of a row based on color: if 2 or more hearts of the same color are adjacent then they disappear. Could possibly make things twistier...

Plays really well :) Perhaps adding a special tile which explodes when touched by a heart from below could spice up the game even more? Another idea is to allow partial completion of a row based on color: if 2 or more hearts of the same color are adjacent then they disappear. Could possibly make things twistier...

Hmm, Remove hearts from a row if 2 or more are the same color....

That could make it interesting and very hard. Since a row only goes away when it is complete ( for now at least ).

It would make you spread them out and plan ahead. Could be an iteresting challange.

Does this version have the Guide Sprite on Row 4? I forgot which version i put up?

I am going back and forth on providing a pointer or not. I guess it is an easy enough option to add. ( sprite color transparent. Very little code to change this. )

Of just branch around it... Either way, that is easy.

Ah, exploding tiles. Got it. I didn't grasp that, at first. Yes, could also make the game harder. Or easier, If I invert the game play.

I am a fan of veriations! I blame Atari for that. Super Breakout with 107 veriations... LOL

• Like 1

Started working on Vorticon Mode.

The problem... While testing, I was kind of hooked and didn't work on it enough!

I guess I will add an option menu. Aim Assist , Vorticon Mode. and anything else suggested or I think of. I usually do a difficulty/level but for testing only.

In vorticon mode, if a Placed Candy Hart has another of the same color in the X or y axis adjacent, the pieces will all go away. This helps when the group is nearing the bottom of the play field.

However, It is very difficult to complete a round!

Like I said, I spent way to much time trying to beat the first level.. LOL

I may have to limit the RANDOM colors of the candy based on what is left on the screen.

That is, if you get rid of all the Red candy, No new red candy will spawn for you to place. This will require some play field scanning beyond just existing. But I think I can squeeze enough performance to make it work.

I think I need to add this logic to the Match 3 game as well. For the last 30 second of a round at least.

• Like 3