IGNORED

BomberCats: a new Lynx game coming Fall 2018!

LordKraken

This looks great :) Very impressive. Can I add a +1 for multiplayer. Not only is it an absolutely perfect fit for this game, it'd probably mean most people would end up purchasing two copies of the game (more income, more money to charity :) ). Perhaps a 'pack' of two at a slightly discounted cost ($5 or something nominal).

Anyway, at the very least I personally would purchase a ROM, and probably a hard copy :) though I'd rather purchase two if multiplayer was a thing ;)

According to Feedback on FB no multiplayr is a bummer and I agree. Bomberman was designed around MP, ditch the AI and go for it please.

Whilst multiplayer would be great how many Lynx owners know local Lynx owners to play with them? I'd rather see version 1 now and then see multiplayer version later. If the programmer decides he's going to release a multiplayer version maybe he would announce it before releasing the planned version. This way people would buy the version they wanted and not delay the current game.

Whilst multiplayer would be great how many Lynx owners know local Lynx owners to play with them? I'd rather see version 1 now and then see multiplayer version later. If the programmer decides he's going to release a multiplayer version maybe he would announce it before releasing the planned version. This way people would buy the version they wanted and not delay the current game.

Many Lynx fans own more than 1 Lynx and a Comlynx. ;-) Plus Multiplayer Lynx games are always very popular on several conventions, Bombercats Multiplayer would be an instant favourite. There is def. high demand for Lynx MP. What delay? - its done when its done! This game was under the radar for years, so why you prefer it to be rushed now?? I appreciate what has been done, but not planning MP is disappointing, honestly. I hope it gets reconsidered.

Edited by agradeneu

The problem with making a ComLynx game is that there is no nice templates out there. Most of the games were using the redeye libraries that current developers have no experience with.

The cc65 ComLynx library exists but it works with 2 Lynxes only. One sender, one receiver. When you start connecting more Lynxes you get framing errors and need some kind of special code for handling who should talk and when.

If you want to see a multiplayer game surface we need to get a multiplayer example done first. And share the sources,

• Like 1

After eight years in the making I think it might be a little to much to ask to scrap the game and start over with multiplayer instead! ;) :grin: This will be a great addition to the Lynx library. I agree that new multiplayer games on the Lynx would be wonderful, but at least code dabblers like myself need examples like Karri mentioned. The discussion thread about redeye was very technical and if sage didn't get it to work I'm not even daring to look at the code, it might melt my face.

I've not tried it multiplayer, but isn't there more than two player support in championship rally? I wonder how it's done there.

The cc65 ComLynx library exists but it works with 2 Lynxes only. One sender, one receiver. When you start connecting more Lynxes you get framing errors and need some kind of special code for handling who should talk and when.

Ooh, I didn't even know that! I got to have a look at that library, two players are still more than one! :-D

All benefits will be given to charity and the process will be completely transparent.

I forgot to comment on this, that's very generous and nice of you!

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx

I guess I should have been more precise when I answered my own questions :D

The reason I didn't look much into Comlynx is not even the lack of a good lib with examples, but mostly the fact that I own only one flashcart. Which make Comlynx testing highly complicated. Or expensive.

But I'm surprised to see so many people interested!

Anyway, thanks to all for the great feedback, I'll try to post a video of the game running later this week and I'll also post regular updates!

• Like 2