IGNORED

too many homebrew?

vprette

What this thread really needs is for Eric7100 to come in here and set everyone straight!

Oh wait... :ponder:

Set everyone straight with Eric's Epic Adventures , He was always entertaining miss him around here... He always said what was on in mind good or bad.. Better to make your own path then follow the herd path.. ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

There is some stat out there about the amount of phone app games that are (re)played 10 times, and that number is super low. With a flood of low quality stuff...

If I was Benevolent Dictator For Life of all homebrew releases, I would return us to the previous days when games were released less often but they were almost always of the highest quality. There would be a review committee on whether a game was allowed to be released to the publc.

However, that is not reality... and that is fine.

I have to say topics like this are a real disappointment. Not encouraging in any way.

One way and one company is never going to sustain a platform. You choose what games you play. It's a smart move to support a thriving ecosystem that allows your gaming preferences a better chance of being served. More active developers directly feeds into that.

You can also harbor resentment, stifle change and encourage that. I really, really hope this is not happening here.

Edited by Gemintronic

I have to say topics like this are a real disappointment. Not encouraging in any way.

One way and one company is never going to sustain a platform. You choose what games you play. It's a smart move to support a thriving ecosystem that allows your gaming preferences a better chance of being served. More active developers directly feeds into that.

Agreed, this is a ridiculous topic to exist. The amount of homebrews isn't resulting in a decline in quality of them, and more options is always great.

• Like 2

This will be a huge year for sure. Math math math....like 15+ releases?

1. Beat Em & Eat Em (IntellivisionRevolution)

2. Meteors (IntellivisionRevolution)

3. Astro Invader (Collectorvision)

4. Hover Bovver (Elektronite)

5. Sea Venture (IntellivisionRevolution)

6. The Secret Government Waffle Project (IntellivisionRevolution)

7. Miner 2049 (Elektronite)

8. Intybasic Showcase Vol. 2 (IntellivisionRevolution)

9. Mad bomber (Collectorvision)

10. Jumpking Junior (IntellivisionRevolution)

11. Donkey Kong Jr (IntellivisionRevolution)

12. Moonsweeper (Collectorvision)

13. UpMonsters (2600 Connection)

14. Pumpkin Master (2600 Connection)

15. JrPac (IntellivisionRevolution)

And that's not even including the secret release:

ClassicRareElk.gif