IGNORED

How do we assign the extra w/r SC RAM?

ultima

I have been experimenting with SC RAM and can't for the life of me figure out how to assign and change values

I tried this first I tried to assign w with "w127=1 " then check it later with "if r127=1 then goto __ModdedHKVP70" for a comparison and that came up short.

Am I missing something?

I have been experimenting with SC RAM and can't for the life of me figure out how to assign and change values

I tried this first I tried to assign w with "w127=1 " then check it later with "if r127=1 then goto __ModdedHKVP70" for a comparison and that came up short.

Am I missing something?

No idea without seeing your actual code. But, re-reading Random Terrains reference I'd play it safe by loading SuperChip variables into normal variables THEN doing any math. Maybe overkill but.. yeah.

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#superchipram

Am I missing something?

You'd have a hard time with 127 because that's always used by the playfield if I read the bB page correctly. Look at the charts to see what special variables are available depending on what number you use with pfres:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#superchip_charts

pfres

Yeah, it seems to go backwards.

w000 worked after re-reading about it a pfres 24 playfield allows 000-031 Thanks RT. I also found you can clear SC variables with

asm

LDA #0
STA W000 ; add SC variable here
end
**I just realized that stella shows the ram you can use :)
post-36052-0-72081600-1538251517.png
Edited by ultima
  • Like 1