IGNORED

Thea Real Fighters Cartridges.

Micshork

Hello.

So I bought these cartridges off of a guy on Ebay, who had bought it from Youtube Channel bgP (Who is the person who recorded the clip below).

They are for a Canceled Atari Jaguar Fighting Game called "Thea Realm Fighters". It was a 1v1 Fighter which used digitized actors. Some of the Actors include Mortal Kombat Veterans such as Daniel Pesina (Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub Zero etc.) and Ho Sung Zak (Liu Kang).

I haven't been able to play them Yet because I don't own a working Jaguar, but I hope to get one and try these out.

I have a Test Cartridge, and Alpha Cartridge and a Beta Cartridge.

The game was about 95% complete until the project was canceled when Atari ceased supporting the Jaguar.

Here are some gameplay clips.

Let me know if you have any concerns or comments. I'd also appreciate it if someone could help me with acquiring a working Jaguar with two controllers (Also Kasumi Ninja, Ultra Vortek and Atari Karts).

Thanks.

P.S. NOT FOR SALE

post-66061-0-80622800-1538354114_thumb.jpg

post-66061-0-04706500-1538354122_thumb.jpg

Edited by Micshork
  • Like 2

Its always great seeing these pop up on eBay and it's awesome that Nick was able to bring this game to the light of day.

When you do get your working Jaguar you will find that this is a work in progress game that is pretty much 2 player only, but if you have another person to play with this might be ok with you.

To anyone else who is interested and may be attending eJagfest this year remember you can always stop by Nick's table and he will cook you up a custom cart of this.

What is the most complete version of this? The video posted above of the Beta seems to let you choose other characters. I have a beta of this and it won't do that. But maybe it needs to have a second controller plugged in to change that option. Maybe there is more than 1 version of the "beta"

I don't like the animations of a connected "hit". It seems to have been a trend, having these animations to illustrate every connected punch or kick. Another game that does this is Breakout 2000, which would look much better without the goofy "hit" graphics every time the ball touches the wall.

Perhaps these animations could be toned down to be much more subtle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey, I was about to start a new thread asking if anyone would sell a Beta cart copy for me (ebay seller won't ship it to this thrash hole I live in).

But waaait... Did I understand it correctly?

Is that 2 player only?

No existing AI to fight against the CPU ?

If so, never mind. Getting a friend to play some Jag is harder than getting a date with Scarlett Johansson. ^_^

• Like 1

Better try it on a skunkboard or the sdcard when it's here as it's an interesting piece of Jaguar Software but not that much to play. You will check it out and then probably never touch it again. I followed its story for years and when it finally was released to the public I was very grateful but at the same time realised that there is not that much of game there so save your money and check it out when you have the means to upload it.

• Like 1

That label is actually from me. I did some quick and dirty labels when I first got the roms. I only sold a few carts with those labels and some people got them as gifts. Theyre not very good so I stopped using them in favor of the super generic nametape labels. Someone here is working on labels and even box art that is really great.

I make TRF carts for $35 a piece and I pay shipping (except over eBay). I will (and have in the past) ship to any part of the world. They used to be cheaper but I had to get cart pcbs from a new source and theyre a little more expensive.

Heres a link to that label https://www.dropbox.com/s/aob2pe9qzr4gax7/TRFB.jpg?dl=0

Edited by nicolaspersijn
  • Like 2

Nicolas, could you please confirm if this is a 2 players only game? (beta version)

Yes, others have confirmed that, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

I don't mind the lack of music, or even some graphical glitches (the city stage looks to have corrupted background data).
I can accept these as long as the game is playable against the CPU, so I can enjoy it without a friend, but so far it looks like a 2 players only game, no AI.
In case I can fight the CPU, I'll buy a copy.