IGNORED

Telltale Games closing shop.

moycon

I saw this news a few days ago and was sad to hear the news. Apparently Taletale games is shutting down and laying off all it's employee's.

Mostly known for interactive story type games based off popular franchises (Walking Dead, Batman, Borderlands) etc...

I enjoyed most of the interactive story type games, with the exception of Back to the Future. That one seemed a chore more than anything else. I know the games weren't everyone's cup of tea, but they always kind of reminded me of a more advanced type of game like Dragon's Lair where you make choices to continue a story line. The type of game you could kick back and enjoy more like a comic book than a traditional game.

I've recently been playing a different type of game (non interactive story) from Telltale called 7 Days to Die which is basically a more adult version of Minecraft and having a lot of fun with that one. Sad to see these guys go. Any other fans ?

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1043252010999410689

• Like 1

Besides the one Poker Night game with Brock Samson, which I love, I really only played the first Walking Dead game of theirs. It's one of those games that has stuck with me. I never got around to play the second season for whatever reason, but I'll have to for sure. Very sad that they're going. They seemed like one of the few companies that actually liked games.

• Like 1

The Wolf Among Us was one of my favorites. I was sooooo excited to see a sequel was being developed, which is obviously not happening anymore. Very disappointed.

I don't know how I forgot about this one! Yes Wolf Among Us was awesome! I played through it twice, probably to snag all the achievements.

Seems to me I also have Fable graphic novels of the comics this was based off of. Really well done. Would have liked to of seen others based off of darker comics like Sandman or Swamp Thing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Too bad a company's action or stance on an issue doesn't always mean every single person that works there feels the same. They're not made up of drones that are unified by a hive mind. Anyone who works for a company knows this. Especially those who have to deal with management.

Edited by xenomorpher
  • Like 2

I don't have listing in front of me but I'll bet they were only ENCOURAGING female applicants to apply to a traditionally male-centric field.

https://geekmom.com/2017/04/more-female-applicants/

But if someone is going to use terms like "SJW" and assume ill intent, there's little point arguing over facts.

Telltale made unique, interesting games and it's a shame they might be closing up. I hope another studio continues their house style.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

Ooooh that is pretty cool. I always like the concept of an interactive story and hope they make new games as well. Their titles were always based on established IPs, but I wouldn't mind original stories. Also holiday themed games like stories based around Halloween or Christmas could be interesting if done right.