IGNORED

Atari 8bit fonts

Mr Robot

Thanks!

It didn't take too long, a weekend working out the process, another weekend writing the python to do it and another to tweak it (make the sample images, etc.)

I was disappointed by how few .fnt files Recoil would convert, must be a tough thing to get right.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm really surprised this got as little comment as it did!

I'm sorry, I glanced over it somehow, as I always wanted to make a collection of all the .fnt files :) I guess that's the only thing missing from your project, the original .fnt files, so you don't have to convert the .png bitmaps back to a 1024-byte Atari font.

This font collection is insane compared to my paltry collections back in the day! In the spirit like the old Print Shop image preview printouts for all the official and PD clipart disks, I took all the preview bitmaps and made a nice printable catalogue you can have handy for reference. :D

Some of the bitmaps aren't the sharpest, but they look OK on my laser printer.

Attached is the PDF, and the Word docx zipped if you want to change it...

EightbitCatalog.pdf

EightbitCatalog.zip

• Like 3

there is also nice post at Atari Online with pictures of a lot of fotns + download link:

http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1236639234&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&ct=poczatki

Mr.Robot many thanks for the collection!

and with the PDF from Nezgar now will have 2 great sources with screenshots of the fonts.

yes!

Edited by solo/ng
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

I'm really surprised this got as little comment as it did!

Mr Robot

This will be one of those posts that just gives and gives for you. I for one am phenomenally grateful to you for doing this. And Kudos to your python skills from a fellow Python programmer!!

Paul

• Like 4

• 7 months later...