IGNORED

Borzork

Omega-TI

Change borzorkc.bin to borzork8.bin and it works somewhat better with Classic99.

I've only playtested like a minute with Classic99 and then with JS99'er. Unfortunately I'm finding several different issues. Shots coming from out of nowhere. Not being able to move to the left. Often not being able to shoot. I suspect I'm doing something wrong with the renaming ...

:|

C.BIN means an 8k cartridge ROM.

8.BIN means a bank-switched ROM cartridge in non-inverted order

9.BIN means a bank-switched ROM cartridge in inverted order.

G.BIN means a GROM cartridge.

This only matters in Classic99 if you use Cartridge->User->Open, which needs to auto-detect. Since there is no information inside the cartridge image that can be used to identify the type of ROM, the filename is the hint.

• 9 months later...

Bought this game on cartridge as my first homebrew purchase for my recently-acquired TI and what a job well done! Sometimes it can be difficult to make out the speech, as it seems a bit garbled at times, at least compared to official TI releases but maybe that's just me. Big fan of @nanochess's work and be sure to purchase his ColecoVision Games Guide if you're into CV, too.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Has the Borzork cartridge end label been released to the community yet, or has anyone made one?  I'm trying to maintain the... 

... but I notice it's lacking ANY label for Borzork, which in my humble opinion deserves it's own cartridge!

BORZORK.thumb.jpg.ec4938c3a319d3976bd717a22ac3194a.jpg

This image simply does not cut the mustard as it's so low quality and I don't know if the author would even approve of using the official one in any capacity.

If you want the official cart it's in my store. A portion of the sale goes to the author. If you are making your own cart or using the game in emu or fg99 you should send him some cash for making it at his PayPal. Https://PayPal.me/nanochess

See this thread about others fund raising and donating to help him out during this trying time.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/313909-intellivision-sale-the-oscar-fund-drive/

Intellivision SALE - The OSCAR fund drive

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

If you want the official cart it's in my store. A portion of the sale goes to the author. If you are making your own cart or using the game in emu or fg99 you should send him some cash for making it at his PayPal. Https://PayPal.me/nanochess

See this thread about others fund raising and donating to help him out during this trying time.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/313909-intellivision-sale-the-oscar-fund-drive/

Intellivision SALE - The OSCAR fund drive

Is anyone else having the problem that PP will not allow F&F/person-to-person to Oscar?

On 12/13/2020 at 2:56 PM, arcadeshopper said:

If you want the official cart it's in my store. A portion of the sale goes to the author. If you are making your own cart or using the game in emu or fg99 you should send him some cash for making it at his PayPal.

One thing is making a fan tribute and perhaps "getting your costs covered" (Astrosmash), another thing is "making money" (slightly suggested above) off of what appears to be a port (Berzerk).
Some ports of recent years took different paths like Dragon's Lair and Arkanoid.
;)

4 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

One thing is making a fan tribute and perhaps "getting your costs covered" (Astrosmash), another thing is "making money" (slightly suggested above) off of what appears to be a port (Berzerk).

For me, this instance is really in a different category.  After reading the thread @arcadeshopper linked to, the guy has gone through hell recently leading up to and including the loss of his wife.  Setting the game aside, I had no problem donating a little, the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like the right thing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

For me, this instance is really in a different category.  After reading the thread @arcadeshopper linked to, the guy has gone through hell recently leading up to and including the loss of his wife.  Setting the game aside, I had no problem donating a little, the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like the right thing.

Okay. I'm thinking I can take money too. I've had my share of challenges.

On 12/13/2020 at 2:41 PM, Omega-TI said:

[...]I notice it's lacking ANY label for Borzork, which in my humble opinion deserves it's own cartridge!

BORZORK.thumb.jpg.ec4938c3a319d3976bd717a22ac3194a.jpg

This image simply does not cut the mustard as it's so low quality and I don't know if the author would even approve of using the official one in any capacity.

Actually, this is the label I made for Borzork ? I don't really remember why I didn't post it here on AA but only sent it to @arcadeshopper maybe because initially the game wasn't supposed to be free.

2 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

[...] since no official label has been released, @ti99iuc hasn't made one, and I was not artistically inspired, I ripped off the opening screen, juggled a couple of items and ended up with this...  it works for me! ?   I enjoy the hobby aspects of making my own.

well, nice job! a good label you done anyway. We could use this one now!

• Like 1