Thanks again for making this game nanochess, proud to have it in my store, and wish you would consider making more stuff for the 4/a.. You've obviously got a gift for coding and games..

... but did you know it's listed a "Bozork" (without the R) on your page.

... but did you know it's listed a "Bozork" (without the R) on your page.

Doh fixed

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Happily bought my cartridge, and I appreciate the ROM for my FG99. I am looking forward to having this game on demo at this year's VCF-SE.

• Like 5

I bought one of the cartridges. It is a fantastic game! I am always happy to support the hard work people put into creating great games like this. Thank-you!

• Like 5

Change borzorkc.bin to borzork8.bin and it works somewhat better with Classic99.

I've only playtested like a minute with Classic99 and then with JS99'er. Unfortunately I'm finding several different issues. Shots coming from out of nowhere. Not being able to move to the left. Often not being able to shoot. I suspect I'm doing something wrong with the renaming ...

:|

I had the similar problem and no titlescreen. But changing borzorkc.bin to borzork8.bin works in Classic99. Titlescreen showed up and the game works properly. I think 'c' if I remember are for 8KB ROM and under. '8' is for ROM bigger than 8KB, which borzork is 16KB.

"8" stands for the 74LS378 ROM chip

"9" is for the 379.

The 379 chip is inverted, the 378 is not.

Classic99 sees the 8 and recognizes that this ROM is not inverted.

• Like 1

You've obviously got a gift for coding and games..

Give Nanochess a piece of rock and let him figure it out for a week, and he'll have a game programmed for the rock.

• Like 5

Give Nanochess a piece of rock and let him figure it out for a week, and he'll have a game programmed for the rock.

You've made my day :rolling:

• Like 3

C.BIN means an 8k cartridge ROM.

8.BIN means a bank-switched ROM cartridge in non-inverted order

9.BIN means a bank-switched ROM cartridge in inverted order.

G.BIN means a GROM cartridge.

This only matters in Classic99 if you use Cartridge->User->Open, which needs to auto-detect. Since there is no information inside the cartridge image that can be used to identify the type of ROM, the filename is the hint.

Bought this game on cartridge as my first homebrew purchase for my recently-acquired TI and what a job well done! Sometimes it can be difficult to make out the speech, as it seems a bit garbled at times, at least compared to official TI releases but maybe that's just me. Big fan of @nanochess's work and be sure to purchase his ColecoVision Games Guide if you're into CV, too.

• Like 5