IGNORED

HSC15 Round 17: Starquake Pong Bertyx

Starquake 63500 30% Elements replaced 1

The access card is the most important item to find as this lets you into the security doors and allows you to use the exchange points to swap items.

There are other doors that require a key so this is also useful to find.

I've managed to map out all of the teleporters now

I found the Access card but couldn't figure out where to park to get to it :twisted: :)

Starquake

Pong

500 (Still quite like this one)

Bertryx

0 (Loaded but corrupted :-( )

I'll concentrate on Pong.

Bertxy needs BASIC enabling - works on Altirra too. I think we took a look at the Lemmings games when we played the Brundles?

• Like 1

Bertyx 2700 tried that "drill bit" thought it might be tracks for the diggers - on the diggers screen, the one above it and the one after it with the rubble all failed. I did go back out to the start to see if it respawned but I didn't get back in, however, you can use the dynamite on the first screen to destroy the radar dish!

Tried it on the last 4 rooms including the rubble one, the top screen of the flashing centre colun, plus the three space shuttles screen, still no joy. Perhaps it activates the drill hanging above the rubble c'mon carlsson ;)

Pong 2320 less grumbling and more almost not too bad (!) collected 4 boxes, got a first teleport code "KUSZA" wpisz kodelu translates as "enter the code"

• Like 1

Reminder this round and the Round 18 POLL close Sunday 10ak UK time :)

latest tables

Starquake (2pts for playing +1pt for highest% +1pt per item replaced
McKong (81,125) 30% 2 items 2pts+5pts+1pt

therealbountybob 23% 0 items 2pts

carlsson 6 % 0 items 2pts

Sikor 5 % 0 items 2pts

RedThunder 5 % 0 items 2pts

Bertyx
1st therealbountybob 2,700 3pts
2nd carlsson 2,000 2pts
3rd Sikor 850 1pt

Pong
1st therealbountybob 2,320 5pts
2nd carlsson 1,737 4pts
3rd Sikor 525 3pts
4th youxia 500 2pts
5th RedThunder 500 2pts

got a first teleport code "KUSZA"

I believe the codes are static for each round, so these are the ones I've found:

Tulan - top level to the right, just before the drop

Daras - down in the cave, where the sign next to Tulan points to

Tirus - at the end of cave if you take to the left at the start

Miras - if you move to the right past Daras, drop and then to the left

I believe I've seen Kusza too, even further down the cave. I suppose keeping these codes at hand can be useful for navigating around the game.

Once I was up to 7 balls and two letters "CN" but 0 points... Not sure if the letters are static or a new word for every game.

Edit: Ok, I cheated and looked up rest of the codes. Those are Mimas, Winda and Radio which suggests there are exactly 8 teleports in the game.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

Sadly I didn't find the place to use the "bullets" on Bertyx.

I looked for a walkthrough and a translation of the intro text but didn't find anything useful.

Moby games has this description:

>>>

Bertyx is an arcade game. In 3090, remains of a lost civilization under the ice surface of the planet Bertyx were discovered. Contact with the research expedition stopped immediately after unfreezing a found alien. Terence decides to send a robot to the ice base. Its aim is to find nine pieces of a computer access card. After transferring data from the computer, the robot has to start the self-destruct sequence.

<<<

@Sikor can you help?!

Pong 2353 (5 collected)

Will do final tables and start next round...

Congratulations to the winners: McKong for Starquake, trbb for Bertyx and carlsson for Pong :thumbsup:

Thanks for playing everyone, this round was a little different for the HSC but I think we each found something worth a play in the end: If we can find out where to use the item on Bertyx I'm sure there is a lot more to do on this game. It's my sort of thing, like Chimera, not too big and plays steadily, it could be a really enjoyable game. Pong turns out to be not so bad; the more you play and if you have the patience you can improve. Starquake is one for those who like a challenge and have a large map printed out! It has very slick controls and movement but is just too immense for me :-o

That wraps up the Hi-Res games section - my award for the best use of artifacting goes to Bertxy! We didn't play the fantastic Drol or the excellent Crossfire this time and there may be a few others too!

final tables

Starquake (2pts for playing +1pt for highest% +1pt per item replaced
McKong (81,125) 30% 2 items 2pts+5pts+1pt

therealbountybob 23% 0 items 2pts

carlsson 6 % 0 items 2pts

Sikor 5 % 0 items 2pts

RedThunder 5 % 0 items 2pts

youxia 2 % 0 items 2pts

Bertyx
1st therealbountybob 2,700 5pts
2nd carlsson 2,000 4pts
3rd youxia 1,200 3pts

4th Sikor 850 2pts

5th RedThunder 500 1pt

Pong
1st carlsson 2,965 5pts
2nd therealbountybob 2,353 4pts

3rd Sikor 525 3pts
4th youxia 500 2pts
5th RedThunder 500 2pts

Season 15 Current Standings UPDATED!

• Like 1

Hold the press! Just before the deadline...

Well, nothing to see here actually .Just clamouring for a few token points :D

Starquake: 2%

Bertyx: 1200

Pong: 500

Pong knows I hate it and it hates me back: I tried to have a go today, collected 2 boxes and got 0 points for it. That kind of put a damper on my goodwill towards it and it was all about Reset. I don't have a scr$ for my previous attempt so you'll have to take my word for it.

I kind of like the gfx in Bertyx, but mine comes out B&W, no artifacting, despite also displaying on a CRT. Though the feed comes from Raspberry. I wonder what's the reason? Is it because of RGB perhaps, or something about emulation?

I tried to look up solution on Polish sites, but couldn't find any.

IMG_20181014_202909.jpgIMG_20181014_200850.jpg

• Like 2

I wonder if trbb runs on NTSC hardware. I never tried Bertyx on my NTSC 800, which however displayed artifacts with some of the other hires games so I suppose it might on this one too. However Poland is not a typical NTSC region so it would be odd if the game on purpose was made to cause artifacts.

I did intend to play Pong and Bertyx but ran out of time. I'll have a look at them at some point.

I would have liked to have completed Starquake but it's too difficult, for me anyway. One of the things that made it even more difficult for me was the fact that I couldn't get the pause to work on my 800XL. I know that Bob said that it worked on his 130XE but did anyone else try on any other real hardware?

I wonder how many people have completed it on the Atari. I know there are some cheat codes but I don't really see the point in that

Edited by McKong