IGNORED

Win a Shaken, not stirred cart

karri

post-2099-0-16910900-1538655856.jpg

As the Lynx is getting older there will be a small get-together at eJagfest where we will be playing games and talking about the Lynx.

As everybody cannot afford a trip to eJagfest this year you can still participate in the competition of the title for the best secret agent.

Read the manual, download the game and publish your best scores. The competition ends after eJagfest when I get home on the 4th of November, 2018 and check the results. The best score presented wins a physical "Shaken, not stirred" cart.

The format of the scores is like:

Medium 13:05:02 F38F
Hard   11:07:21 09D9

The winner is the shortest playing time on Hard mode. If nobody stays alive in Hard mode then the winner is shortest playing time on Medium mode. If that is too hard then we fall back to Easy mode.

Good luck.

Here is a lousy, shaky, very amateurish video of how to play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6md93Va08MY

manual.pdf

shaken.zip

Edited by karri
  • Like 8

If everything goes as planned I just may be able to print out a real boxes with cuts and folds made by a box printing company.

By the way. Please post your scores in this thread. I will "like" all the entries where I can verify the crypto signature to be correct (The last 4 hex characters on the Lynx screen).

Medium 13:05:02 F38F

post-2099-0-72492000-1538738846_thumb.png

• Like 2

Keep a look at your health bar at the lower left of the screen. If you need healing visit Penny at the Warehouse.

post-2099-0-89844600-1538809198.png

Your total health (max health) increases a lot every time you clear an area. Go for areas with just a few enemies first (blue houses) to build up strength.

post-2099-0-22721900-1538809323.png

Will it be fine to play this on Handy? Mostly as I don't have a SD card for the Lynx yet. It seems like a fun competition and right up my alley as someone who enjoys speedrunning icon_mrgreen.gif

Yes. You can play it on an emulator also.

I was hoping to get the carts ready by now so that I could also ship carts to people who would like to play this on their original Lynx. But unfortunately I have not yet got all the materials together.

This reminds me about how to make notes in "Shaken, not stirred".

In order to make the game a little easier on memory I tried using poker chips to memorize what the girls have said during the game.

post-2099-0-32128400-1538990811.jpg

I plan to include a small set of 5 ceramic poker chips. A typical secret agent kind of thing. One side has the original colour and the other side has a center with a different colour. So with this set you can easily make notes just by flipping poker chips!

The Clue sheet will replace the last page in the manual.

• Like 2

Yes. You can play it on an emulator also.

I was hoping to get the carts ready by now so that I could also ship carts to people who would like to play this on their original Lynx. But unfortunately I have not yet got all the materials together.

This reminds me about how to make notes in "Shaken, not stirred".

In order to make the game a little easier on memory I tried using poker chips to memorize what the girls have said during the game.

attachicon.gifchips.jpg

I plan to include a small set of 5 ceramic poker chips. A typical secret agent kind of thing. One side has the original colour and the other side has a center with a different colour. So with this set you can easily make notes just by flipping poker chips!

The Clue sheet will replace the last page in the manual.

Awesome! I'll be giving this a shot :D

You're making a neat package out of this to be honest and the game looks pretty interesting. I know what I'll be playing tonight :D

Feeling exited. My first ever boxed release! I just got pictures from the box company showing a paper mockup of what the box will look like. In a few days I will have the printed boxes for eJagfest :)

post-2099-0-06470100-1539093352.jpg post-2099-0-56016600-1539093370_thumb.jpg

I just hope I can carry all this stuff with me on the plane. The weight limit is 8kg for cabin luggage. Or do I need a 2nd bag?

• Like 4

It looks great!! You will sell it or the game will be only for ejagfest?

There will be about 80 persons at eJagfest so my plan is to make 50 carts. One cart goes to the tombola as a price. Two carts for eJagfest competitions for the best agent. The left overs will be in my shop after the event. I still don't know the final price. The poker chips are €0.20 each. The box is around €5. I don't even know the price of the cart yet. Depends on how much the woodwork costs. I did not plan to do all bamboo work by myself.

I try to keep the cart including postage at the €30 level.

• Like 2

I've spent some more time at Shaken, not Stirred last night and ended up with a lower time for hard:

Hard   03:41:17 20D9

As this is getting quite a bit lower than the times posted at the eJagFest topic, I'll actually start streaming / recording the attempts for lower times. I'll also add these clips to any time I'll place here, so you can see the strategies I use and how I play the game (which in turn will hopefully result into people beating my times, let's get this contest rolling :grin: ).

• Like 2

There will be plenty of carts available after the event. I don't see any availability problems ahead as the SD cart owners are most likely satisfied with the binary.

I did also receive a few emails about bugs and logical flaws in the game. The binary on the cart will be slightly different.

There will be plenty of carts available after the event. I don't see any availability problems ahead as the SD cart owners are most likely satisfied with the binary.

I did also receive a few emails about bugs and logical flaws in the game. The binary on the cart will be slightly different.

I would love to get a copy of this game.

Not all of them! I would like to buy two boxed carts from you. :)