IGNORED

Season 8 ~ Week 1 ~ Dragonfire

Vocelli

I've always liked Dragonfire, but it's pretty much the same story every time for me with this game. I get through every treasure room up to the white dragon without losing more than 1 or 2 lives, then in the span of 3 seconds lose every single life I have because the white dragon kills you instantly as soon as you enter the treasure room and keeps killing you instantly the moment you respawn; depleting all your lives in a matter of seconds. I did get lucky once though and somehow made it through two white dragon treasure rooms without being killed the moment I entered, and thus I got a new personal best high score in Dragonfire today. :)

Dragonfire (Game 1, B/B Difficulty): 11,620

SgTKqip.jpg

• Like 4

Ground out a few attempts tonight, and reached a score of 11,190:

dragonfire_11190.jpg?dl=1

I suspect a lot of the scoring in this game is RNG; there's nothing stopping the white dragon from spawning an entire room full of nothing but 10-point treasures, or an entire room full of 400-point ones. Still, this run I also managed to outwit the white dragon a good few times. I've got a way to go before I can catch up to the best, but it's really satisfying to have an entire room just go perfectly, even now.

• Like 2

Never played this one before. Tough one! I played for a bit before I figured out how to change the difficulty switches on the Flashback Portable... so I have to ask... what's it do on this one? I'll play more later and try to get a better score, because based on what I've seen, this one is definitely bottom tier.

post-21069-0-26858600-1538798001_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dragonfire - Game 1 B/B

Played on: 'Vader' (Batari S-Video mod). PAL cart.

Season 8 begins. :ahoy: Nice game to start with Dr Vocelli! Magic Imagic. Kwik game to drop a 1st score. Leto already dropping the hammer outta the gates :skull:.

post-52250-0-56071500-1538813460_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hey, I can't remember. How do you guys feel about using a sega genesis controller? Yes or no?

Any controllers can be Atari 2600 Joysticks, 2600 Track & Field controller, Atari 7800 Joystick, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis and Edladdin products (like Super 78) for console sessions.

Keyboard when you use emulators (Stella is the official Atari 2600 VCS emulator).

Edited by oyamafamily