IGNORED

Season 8 ~ Week 1 ~ Dragonfire

Vocelli

This game -- as good as it is -- has got to be the king of cheap-ass deaths. Just love how if you're still pressing left when you die in the dragon's chamber you immediately exit your hiding space and almost always get hit by a fireball.

100% True! If you dont get moving the moment after you die the Dragon WILL rape you. you lose like 3 lives in 5 seconds! A little tip though, whenever you're leaving the door go diagonal left. That way the dragon cant hit you immediately. However if you stop moving, You're Toast!

• Like 3

Rad! Thanks Spriggy!

The least I could do for Vocelli's hard work and a good way to support AA. I'll just make a quick few points if I may, that will answer some questions HSC players may have.

Why randomized selection in each final bracket?

After chatting with King Vocelli, we decided that because of all the different ways to play in HSC .. ie Emulation vs Real Hardware, PAL vs NTSC, different Controllers etc ... and past discussions about said matters, that this is the best way to balance these ellements and still rewarding the relevant bracketed players in some manner.

How will you randomize the selection?

I'll simply use the old 'name out of hat' method. Reflects the consoles low tech era ;) I'll get the missus to choose.

What else?

IF! .. I happen to have made the bracket, my name will NOT be in the hat. Obvious really.

Lastly, Vocelli doesn't know this, until now of course, but if he makes one of the final brackets ... I think he fully deserves to be placed in the hat! Sure he knows the games prior to the rest of us ... but I don't see any real usable advantage or issue in that, especially when we have over a week to play each title.

Plus, I don't see Dr Vocelli sitting in front of his tv, rubbing his hands together, hatching an evil plot to beat all and sundry! ;-) I think you would all agree. :thumbsup:

Well. Game on and good luck to all for Season 8.

Spriggy

Edited by Spriggy
  • Like 4

Plus, I don't see Dr Vocelli sitting in front of his tv, rubbing his hands together, hatching an evil plot to beat all and sundry! ;-) I think you would all agree. :thumbsup:

Well. Game on and good luck to all for Season 8.

Spriggy

Crazy Climber for the next 23 weeks! :evil:

• Like 2

7,360. Finally made it to the white dragon from the first stage. My right hand is really sore (get your mind out of the gutter). Vocelli, when you get a chance can you please remove an old score of mine from the board (it's 3,190 and I think it's eighth from the bottom or thereabouts)?

post-47871-0-04062900-1539452761_thumb.png

Edited by AtariWarlord

CaptainClassic 105,310

med_gallery_38581_1110_517402.png

I forgot to say on my post that I'm using Analog sticks of my Joystick, which resemble a little of the difficulty to play on a real Atari joystick.

Which follow to my question to you, for curiosity, Keyboard, Digital D-Pad, Analog, other ?

Cya

Edited by CobraMJD

I forgot to say on my post that I'm using Analog sticks of my Joystick, which resemble a little of the difficulty to play on a real Atari joystick.

Which follow to my question to you, for curiosity, Keyboard, Digital D-Pad, Analog, other ?

Cya

I usually post that in the image, guess I forgot.

I usually use keyboard, but I had to remap my keys to a letter combination from the arrow keys, because on my laptop the up/down are too small and too close together. I do have a MS Sidewinder, but I find the D-pad too mushy. If I had an old analog joystick port like on the old Soundblasteds, I would use my Gravis game pad. It was very responsive.

• Like 1

I usually post that in the image, guess I forgot.

I usually use keyboard, but I had to remap my keys to a letter combination from the arrow keys, because on my laptop the up/down are too small and too close together. I do have a MS Sidewinder, but I find the D-pad too mushy. If I had an old analog joystick port like on the old Soundblasteds, I would use my Gravis game pad. It was very responsive.

Yeah I hate those very little arrow, its spread on almost all notebooks, my Acer has all four arrows at a small size.

arrows-acer.jpg