DracIsBack

Why is the Xbox One Dashboard experience so horrible?

Complain, complain, complain. You'll get no sympathy from us. You know how you'd get a silly patch from Activision back in the day?

1. Get your high score (the easiest/most fun/fastest part). Don't let anyone reset the game or turn it off!

2. Using a film camera, take a picture of your TV screen. When the whole roll is finished,

3. Take it or send it to photo processing for a large sum per image, or use darkroom chemicals to develop it yourself. Or a Polaroid for about the price of a nice drink.

4. Put it in an envelope, stamp it, send it to Activision.

5. Wait for days.

6. Did I say days? LOL it's actually weeks.

In the time you took to type this up, you could have made a dummy Facebook account for no other purpose than to perform this transfer.

I went through all this to get a River Raid patch back in the day... then it got destroyed in a house fire...

I can't remember if I used a Polaroid or not... I think my sister had one. But imagine if you finally get the high score, take a picture of the screen, turn the system off, send off the film, get the photos back the next day or whenever, and the picture didn't come out... glare on the screen... or something else... man that would suck.

I thought the Wii U experience as almost as bad but Nintendo made the Switch experience a shitload cleaner and nicer to use from that at least.

I can't find many categories in the Switch store. Where is the apps category? I want to see a list with YouTube, Netflix, etc. in there. I have to manually search instead. My all-time favorite was the Wii dashboard. Bring back music! :D

I can't find many categories in the Switch store. Where is the apps category? I want to see a list with YouTube, Netflix, etc. in there. I have to manually search instead. My all-time favorite was the Wii dashboard. Bring back music! :D

Alas, doe s the Switch even have enough "apps" to have an apps category? There's only like Youtube and Hulu really.