IGNORED

Missile Command trackball version work?

stlouisrod

So I have a nice Atari trackball controller that I bought new many years ago. It works great with my Atari 800 PC games like Missile Command (after hitting ctrl-T). However, it doesn't work with the hacked Missile Command trackball version I have on my Harmony cart. Is there something special you have to do for it to work? And yes, I have the trackball switch in trackball mode vs the joystick emulation mode.

So I have a nice Atari trackball controller that I bought new many years ago. It works great with my Atari 800 PC games like Missile Command (after hitting ctrl-T). However, it doesn't work with the hacked Missile Command trackball version I have on my Harmony cart. Is there something special you have to do for it to work? And yes, I have the trackball switch in trackball mode vs the joystick emulation mode.

There are a couple variants of "Missile Command-TB". Make sure you're using the correct version. :)

EDIT: Took a minute to find a link. This thread (linked) should be a sticky!

Edited by DrVenkman

Supercharger CX022 Missile Command:

Also, Reactor Trak-Ball is highly recommended by me!

Edit: It comes it 2 Trak-Ball speeds, slow and fast.

P.S. This New Pac-Man 4K with cut-scenes and arcade like enemy movement:

Note: New Pac-Man 4K "TheOfficialPacMan Supercharger" is not a Trak-Ball game, it just rocks from the Supercharger!

It is a graphic hack from DINTAR816's finished 4K New Pac Man with changed score font and seperated eyes.

Along the lines of what The Official Frogger was, (except the Supercharger version could have used the additional 2K to become 6K, so somewhere between DINTAR816's 4K and his almost-complete New Pac-Man 8K.)

Missile Command TB CX22 NTSC.wav

TheOfficialPacMan_SuperchargerS.wav

Reactor TB-slow speed CX-22 v1.3 .wav

Reactor TB-high speed CX-22 v1.3.wav

Edited by iesposta
  • Like 2

There are a couple variants of "Missile Command-TB". Make sure you're using the correct version. :)

EDIT: Took a minute to find a link. This thread (linked) should be a sticky!

Thanks for the link! I put them all on my Harmony, and they run great! Big props to the guys who made those conversions. I can finally put that trackball to good use.

• Like 2

Note: New Pac-Man 4K "TheOfficialPacMan Supercharger" is not a Trak-Ball game, it just rocks from the Supercharger!

It is a graphic hack from DINTAR816's finished 4K New Pac Man with changed score font and seperated eyes.

Along the lines of what The Official Frogger was, (except the Supercharger version could have used the additional 2K to become 6K, so somewhere between DINTAR816's 4K and his almost-complete New Pac-Man 8K.)

iesposta - who made these conversions? This is the first I'm seeing of these turned into .wav files.

iesposta - who made these conversions? This is the first I'm seeing of these turned into .wav files.

I made them.

Any bin that’s 4K or 2K can be made into a sound file, or sound file back to a binary.

There’s a command line PC exe that still works for wave to bin.

The 2600 Cuttle Cart used sound files and that software can make sound for Supercharger or the larger RAM Cuttle Cart.

The Official Pac-Man is my hack of The New Pac-Man 4K, wishing that would have come out after “The Official Frogger” (but Supercharger games can be 6K)

The Supercharger is just a 6K RAM cart with 2K BIOS for turning sound into bits.

After a Supercharger game’s code, the rest of the 8K left over can be used as game RAM as I understand it.

It is still slow to read and write to RAM because the 2600 can’t do write, and has to use shadow locations, or 2 byte locations, to write 1 byte. I may be incorrect as it has been 7 years since I read about Supercharger programs.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just played the iesposta pac-man 4k game... Fantastic! This is one of the only versions on any console that support diagonal movements, which is absolutely critical unless you are using a 4-direction arcade stick (yeah, right).

Edited by stlouisrod