IGNORED

All-in-one Atari (ST-STe-TT-Falcon) Solution on your Raspberry Pi

emarti

That looks super slick! You using RetroPi for the machine selection?

No RetroPi. I have coded myself it that machine selection app. It compiled by C language. It uses SDL Library. It is my design. Rastari is based Raspbian. But it boots fast.

That is really neat. I never had an Atari ST but now I want to do something similar with the Macintosh.

Hmmm good idea. It will be soon.

Looking forward to it! Nitpick: you know it's 1040 and not 1024 right?

You are right! :) Sorry, I need to be more careful.

How did you manage to get it - I assume it's Hatari - to display properly on a CRT monitor? It drives me mad and there's not much help from RetroPie forums.

You can get VGA port "hats" for the RPi but you have to change the video config file to use it instead of the HDMI output.

Best one is the RetroTink which also adds scanlines for the RGB monitor look but it's very expensive at $65...

I have Pi2SCART and have configured most of the systems to display proper RGB. Atari ST is the last frontier. I think last I checked my main problem was something with the controls being all over the place and I couldn't even change any options in Hatari. And lr-hatari not working at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to buy a new Raspberry Pi!

I think I'll just put it in a regular Pi case though, unless I happen to come across a completely dead ST sometime that I can cannibalize the case for.

I'm sure it runs as an ST/STe at full speed (or better), what about when emulating a TT or a Falcon?

Edited by bfollowell

So, again, how did you connect it to that Philips CRT monitor?

Hi, again. I used HDMI to VGA Adapter. I bought it from aliexpress.com

You may watch my video on youtube for C64 to connect VGA monitor.

https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/HDMI-Male-to-VGA-Female-Video-Adapter-Cord-Converter-Cable-1080P-Chipset-For-PC/32738599166.html

• Like 1

Anyone aware of a similar emulator for the Atari 8-bit line on the Raspberry Pi, that doesn't use RetroPie/Emulation Station? I already have a RetroPie setup with a lot of old 8-bit/16-bit console ROMs, but I want to put together an image similar to Rastari, but for the 8-bits. Is Atari800 pretty much the only 8-bit emulator in town? Can you get it to run by itself, without being a RetroArch core?

Unless, of course, Murat, you tell us you're working on something similar, in which case I'll wait, because you've done such a wonderful job on this!

Thanks.

Anyone aware of a similar emulator for the Atari 8-bit line on the Raspberry Pi, that doesn't use RetroPie/Emulation Station? I already have a RetroPie setup with a lot of old 8-bit/16-bit console ROMs, but I want to put together an image similar to Rastari, but for the 8-bits. Is Atari800 pretty much the only 8-bit emulator in town? Can you get it to run by itself, without being a RetroArch core?

Thanks.

Yes, atari800 is available outside of Retroarch. I set up my Raspberry Pi A to boot directly into atari800. It works, but doesn’t look nearly as nice as this set up because I haven’t changed the boot up image to be Atari related.

Works really well, even on the A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless, of course, Murat, you tell us you're working on something similar, in which case I'll wait, because you've done such a wonderful job on this!

Thanks.

I said that "All-in-one Atari Solution". I think I must do it for 8 bit, too. But give me time to do it. It would be nice to start 8 bit emulator for Atari 800 directly on the Rastari.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...