IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Kickstarter is now live!

Bmack36

I had offered and agreed to do it for Luc but was waiting for Brian to let me know how much extra shipping I should add. BUT, if it would be better for Luc for one of you two guys to do it for him then let me know.

....and that's why I love this CV community :cool:

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

I would be honest, I was expecting to have more backers than we have at this point
But, I guess it's understandable considering the siize of the Colecovision fan based AND the fact it is a Kickstarter project
I can understand why people might be ''afraid'' to jump in

On another hand, we didn't made this system to make money out of it, it was really made with passion
Done by Colecovision fans, for the fans

The good thing about this is no matter if the project get funded or not, I'll still have one for myself
It's just sad to think people will miss out on a REALL FREAKIN AWESOME project
But again, can't blame them....

Cheers

I would be honest, I was expecting to have more backers than we have at this point

But, I guess it's understandable considering the siize of the Colecovision fan based AND the fact it is a Kickstarter project

On another hand, we didn't made this system to make money out of it, it was really made with passion

The good thing about this is no matter if the project get funded or not, I'll still have one for myself

Cheers

What about the 20+ or so people who signed up for the $300 early bird special thru your website, wouldn't it be wise to switch them to the Kickstarter. It would be sad to see this fund raiser come up a couple thousand dollars short when in all actuality, you could have had it funded.

Just wondering.

What about the 20+ or so people who signed up for the $300 early bird special thru your website, wouldn't it be wise to switch them to the Kickstarter. It would be sad to see this fund raiser come up a couple thousand dollars short when in all actuality, you could have had it funded.

Just wondering.

I think that is an option if we are close towards the end, assuming the backers were ok with it. We would need to make sure it was done correctly so the backers don't lose any money in the case that exchange rates have changed.

Cheers

It's only been a few days. I say start worrying the last week if things don't change.

Cheers

There are many things that are going to make this campaign an uphill battle. But I think the people are out there to fund this project. The biggest hurdle, IMO is the time frame. Only 23 days to find all those people to let them know this is something they should back. Which is why we need as many people as possible from this community to constantly be posting about it as much as they can over the next 23 days, over and over again, to keep getting as many eyes on it as possible.

The more traction is gets, the more it is talked about and mentioned, the better chance of having even bigger sites pick it up and share the news. And that's what we need.

Any ColecoVision fans out there... pull out any favors from friends who have any sort of a social following and tell them to talk about this campaign!

• Like 2

There are many things that are going to make this campaign an uphill battle. But I think the people are out there to fund this project. The biggest hurdle, IMO is the time frame. Only 23 days to find all those people to let them know this is something they should back. Which is why we need as many people as possible from this community to constantly be posting about it as much as they can over the next 23 days, over and over again, to keep getting as many eyes on it as possible.

The more traction is gets, the more it is talked about and mentioned, the better chance of having even bigger sites pick it up and share the news. And that's what we need.

Any ColecoVision fans out there... pull out any favors from friends who have any sort of a social following and tell them to talk about this campaign!

I agree, I don't know if that's a kickstarter thing or not but having the option for a 2 or 3 month kickstarter may be better if the pledges will come slow. People may be interested but have to wait to see if they have the funds to do it and a longer time frame to save may be better. I'm in that category and it may come down to the last day before I know if I can or not. An extra month could really help, and I know I've mentioned this kind of thing in other threads when it comes to the exchange rates of other countries but for us Canucks, this is not a $200 console, it's a $259 console in Canadian funds.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 10.22.10 AM.png

As the CollectorVision Phoenix starts this 2nd week, this is one of the MOST IMPORTANT weeks in a Kickstarters life! At the moment, the projections have the campaign going either way, which is NOT a bad thing!

This is the week where we need as many people as possible to share the videos that have been put together so far. Share that Kickstarter link. Spread the word as much as possible and keep that word POSITIVE!

Even if you have already posted about it somewhere, POST ABOUT IT AGAIN! Remember, not everyone reads the Internet all the time, and every time there is a project with a timeline that ends, there is always people who have "just missed" the campaign.

There are only 23 days left in this Kickstarter so let's try to reach as many people as possible to spread the word!

Once again, here is the Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1408938247/collectorvision-phoenix-an-fpga-colecovision-conso

• Like 4

Forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere, but can you use paddle controllers with this? I'm not sure if any current homebrews are compatible with paddles, but it could open some interesting possibilities for the future.

We do have a working paddle prototype done

The plan is to get the console out first, than proceed with new controllers

Here's the prototype (using the AtariVCS paddle casing)

post-11933-0-74493200-1539673324_thumb.jpg

• Like 2