IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Kickstarter is now live!

Bmack36

They probably should have done all early bird orders through the Kickstarter. If the project doesn't reach the goal, then Collectorvision could just take orders on their website. This could be close to reaching the goal, and a few thousand dollars could make the difference.

has risky rick been tested in this? if so, what is the outcome?

purchasing the game and not being able to play it properly on a standard modded console is an issue for me, this may perhaps be an alternative if it works

For what it's worth, I can second that. I can't confirm I've personally seen it but after I pre ordered Risky Rick, I emailed arcadevision to ask if the game would work on any of the upcoming Colecovision compatible systems. They confirmed it worked well on the CollectorVision system.

I just did the early access system. If this succeeds, is there a way to get that SNES style controller added on?

Brian actually posted an update about this on the KS. I went ahead and copied here for your convenience.

First I would like to thank everyone for the great support we have received so far in surpassing 10% funding and over 100 backers.

I wanted to let everyone know that there are options to upgrade individual reward levels.

• For those who want to have the generic standard SNES controller added to their pledge or reward level, you would just need to adjust your pledge to add $10.
  • If you would like to upgrade from the loose copy of Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death to the CIB version just add $25 to your pledge.
  • If you would like to order multiple reward levels or multiple rewards of the same level, you just need to adjust your pledge to add the extra cost of the desired reward.

The FAQ has also been updated with this information as well.

When we send out the questionnaires we will ask/verify the desired rewards.

Thanks,

Brian

• Like 2

I just did the early access system. If this succeeds, is there a way to get that SNES style controller added on?

It would be better to get an oem original snes controller. The generic Dpads are typically mushy. Atleast that's my experience. Also oem controllers are relatively cheap and can be bought for between $10-$15 shipped.

• Like 2

It would be better to get an oem original snes controller. The generic Dpads are typically mushy. Atleast that's my experience. Also oem controllers are relatively cheap and can be bought for between $10-$15 shipped.

Agreed! I think it's great that CollectorVision are including a controller so that people that may not have either a CV or SNES controller can play "right out of the box" but really, those original pads are fairly cheap to come by and it would probably be better just buying an original. And honestly, I know it's more expensive (around $60 on eBay) but the Super Famicom Data NTT controller really is the way to go! It's amazing!

• Like 1

I would love a completely redesigned high quality new ColecoVision game pad. CollectorVision has indicated they would like to do so, but for now they are focusing on the console and the kickstarter. So if you want to use SNES controllers, you can use original (high quality) SNES controllers. But, they will also sell you a low quality China crap generic one if you don't have or don't want to get an original one. You really can't complain that they decided to focus on the system, and worry about the controller later.

I would have made a great modern game pad as part of the kickstarter, but it's not my project, so they made the decision they felt was best for them.

Edited by Hannacek

I'm thinking about getting in on this, just trying to justify it since I already have an rgb modded CV from Yurkie with an atari max sd and super game modules all hooked up to a mini framemeister..

I guess it would be nice to move the wear and tear of my constant use to newer hardware? Need to think on this one.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about getting in on this, just trying to justify it since I already have an rgb modded CV from Yurkie with an atari max sd and super game modules all hooked up to a mini framemeister..

I guess it would be nice to move the wear and tear of my constant use to newer hardware? Need to think on this one.

With the new system you can also take advantage of the F18a upgrades ;)

Hi

If I pledge the $300 Early Access system am I guaranteed to get a version of the system or does the whole project have to be completely funded in order to receive the system?

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Edited by funcool

Hi

If I pledge the $300 Early Access system am I guaranteed to get a version of the system or does the whole project have to be completely funded in order to receive the system?

Thanks for your help in this matter.

The people who do the Early Access will be guaranteed to get a system. If the kickstarter doesn't get funded you would have to replace the order with my store though since the original funds would not be taken out from the kickstarter.