IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Kickstarter is now live!

Bmack36

CollectorVision Phoenix Update:

New Board Only reward level and volume discount levels.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1408938247/collectorvision-phoenix-an-fpga-colecovision-conso/posts/2318316

We are introducing a couple of new Reward levels:

The First is the Board Only Level ($150)

This reward level will be for just the CollectorVision Phoenix PCB without any of the accessories, like the case or pack in game. This is a reward level geared to those who want to make their own case or install the Phoneix in an actual colecovision shell.

The Second new Reward level is Volume Discount x10 ($1850)

This reward level is for 10 CollectorVision Phoenix Systems(same as the $199 reward level). This would be an average cost of $185 per unit

The last new Reward level is Volume Discount x50 ($8,750)

This reward level is for 50 CollectorVision Phoenix Systems(same as the $199 reward level). This would be an average cost of $175 per unit.

Here are some new links to Press that the Phoenix has gotten:

RetroRGB http://retrorgb.com/collectorvision-phoenix-an-fpga-based-colecovision.html

ColecoVision Fan (Ladybug)

I'm thinking about getting in on this, just trying to justify it since I already have an rgb modded CV from Yurkie with an atari max sd and super game modules all hooked up to a mini framemeister..

I guess it would be nice to move the wear and tear of my constant use to newer hardware? Need to think on this one.

I have a modded Yurkie one too... but with all the work into this and effort trying to keep the CV alive, I couldn't not support it.

• Like 2

What is the printer port for ? Is it for the adam module?

That is the Expansion Port and can be used for numerous hardware add-ons. Trying not to speculate, but if they release an ADAM core for the system, they could develop an ADAMnet Expansion Module which would allow the user to connect an ADAM Keyboard, Disk Drive, etc. to the Phoenix.

I like the new option of the bare board. I already funded the project for the $200 range due to me being unemployed at the moment.

However I just finished a phone interview with the city and if they call for a face to face and I land that job I will definitely fund the bare board as well!

I have a Colecovision that is screaming for a new board inside!

Having analog built in would add extra cost so you wouldn't be saving much. Assuming the vast majority want hdmi, having analog as an option is the way to go. That's how they did it with the Mister fpga. Having the analog option for the kickstarter might sell a few more units.

Edited by mr_me

I think it should have also VGA and S-video/audio output. At console. Not just expansion that cost extra and comes maybe later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe it or not, they are nearly breaking even on this project. Anything that adds more cost would seriously reduce sales and drastically increase the price.

Having analog built in would add extra cost so you wouldn't be saving much. Assuming the vast majority want hdmi, having analog as an option is the way to go. That's how they did it with the Mister fpga. Having the analog option for the kickstarter might sell a few more units.

I wouldn't mind paying extra for an analog option/adapter. My only issue is that it would have to be able to do 240p. If it's interlaced only, why bother? At that point I'd rather use HDMI.

Edited by Ramses

Another great video, TPR. Maybe for your next video, you can play a game that takes advantage of the added graphics abilities of the F18a and also works without the F18. Some of Opcodes' and Digress' games are programmed this way.

And a game that shows how the F18A eliminates sprite flicker, e.g. BurgerTime would be a good one.

• Like 2

Another great video, TPR. Maybe for your next video, you can play a game that takes advantage of the added graphics abilities of the F18a and also works without the F18. Some of Opcodes' and Digress' games are programmed this way.

And a game that shows how the F18A eliminates sprite flicker, e.g. BurgerTime would be a good one.

That's actually a good idea! I may do Burgertime and Tapper next then as they both look GREAT on this system. I've been sticking to more popular arcade games and more well known ColecoVision games to help appeal more to the 'masses' since the Kickstarter needs as much funding as possible, so I've been choosing more wildly known games to help reach as many people as possible.

Any advantages of using this over an NT Mini?

Yes. As someone who has an NT Mini and absolutely LOVES it, the Coleco core available for it does not...

- Eliminate sprite flicker

- Support the special features of the F18a games.

- Play Super Game Module (SGM) ROMs

- And of course does not play actual ColecoVision cartridges.

While that last one is not a huge deal for the legacy library, there is still a huge amount of homebrew games that have been made and do not have ROM releases.