IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Kickstarter is now live!

Bmack36

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but are you thinking of backing out because you can't make youtube videos with the Phoenix or is there another reason you need to capture footage? If it's a youtube thing, just film the tv. In a case like that it's perfectly acceptable.

You know, I love not being a vlogger/having some channel as I can just play a round of Pepper II on my S-Video modded system and not give a damn except anything but enjoying myself (and this isn't a dig at those who do, as I watch you guys). :)

• Like 2

The specs you're seeing on Kickstarter page is our promises for the release
That doesn't mean we're not going to add more things before the release, but right now, that's what we promised

In fact, we're (I'm no way part of that) constantly working to make the console even better, wich includes screen resolutions
And we certainly want to add more core to it, I even mentioned to the team I wanted to have the Atari2600 and ADAM cores as soon as possible.

• Like 7

Nice uptick in pledges today ($59,766). Someone please kick this over $60,000:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1408938247/collectorvision-phoenix-an-fpga-colecovision-conso

Yeah, and they're big ones too. Currently averaging 378.72 per backer, so I think one of them is probably a store just went for a multi-pack.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1408938247/collectorvision-phoenix-an-fpga-colecovision-conso/#chart-daily

In fact, we're (I'm no way part of that) constantly working to make the console even better, which includes screen resolutions

And we certainly want to add more core to it, I even mentioned to the team I wanted to have the Atari2600 and ADAM cores as soon as possible.

This thing is going to be awesome. It may be an all in one solution for aging Atari-era hardware.

And, in my opinion, this is something that has been too much underplayed. I know you don't want to try and oversell "future" functionality in case some of the promises can't be fulfilled, but the Kickstarter page really needs to emphasise the fact that you and the team are working hard to add these features and cores to the unit.

If the Phoenix is promoted as having the ColecoVision core today, and in the near future cores for the Atari 2600 and the ADAM I'm sure this would significantly boost pledges.

And, in my opinion, this is something that has been too much underplayed. I know you don't want to try and oversell "future" functionality in case some of the promises can't be fulfilled, but the Kickstarter page really needs to emphasise the fact that you and the team are working hard to add these features and cores to the unit.

If the Phoenix is promoted as having the ColecoVision core today, and in the near future cores for the Atari 2600 and the ADAM I'm sure this would significantly boost pledges.

FPGA can technically have many more cores to it, but we just don't want to make false promises just to boost the sales, it's completely dishonest!

And that's why we didn't talked about adding more cores etc..

Now, do we want to add more features and cores to it? D E F I N I T E L Y !!

• Like 2

FPGA can technically have many more cores to it, but we just don't want to make false promises just to boost the sales, it's completely dishonest!

I do understand, but it is certainly not dishonest to say that you're either working on them or have plans to add them. Nevertheless, it's obviously your call and I respect that.

I do agree with this. Until you have something up and running to show, while yes you can say "We are working on it" (which it actually does say on the Kickstarter that it is possible) I would not make any promises on cores or other video outputs. I do wonder if we'll see a couple more features added to the console before the Kickstarter is over, though? Maybe...

I do understand, but it is certainly not dishonest to say that you're either working on them or have plans to add them. Nevertheless, it's obviously your call and I respect that.

I get your point, but I think it safe to only announce what's going to be there at the release

But yeah, we definitely want to add more meat, that's for sure! :)

• Like 4

The specs you're seeing on Kickstarter page is our promises for the release

That doesn't mean we're not going to add more things before the release, but right now, that's what we promised

In fact, we're (I'm no way part of that) constantly working to make the console even better, wich includes screen resolutions

I apologize for continuing the resolution discussion - I'll be done after this question. I understand you don't want to make any promises, but would a 240p composite out mod/add-on be feasible on this system? Just asking if it's possible. I'm assuming no, due to the f18a, but I wanted to ask anyway.

LCD picture just doesn’t look right. It doesn’t look same as original CRT.

Today's video is playing the CollectorVision Phoenix on a CRT monitor using a cheap $10 (actually less) HDMI > AV converter that I got on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XS22FD/

The results look FANTASTIC on the screen, however I quickly learned that trying to capture CRT with a mobile phone is quite the challenge and I did the best I could. It probably doesn't help that the only CRT screen I have is a little Commodore 1702 monitor, but IMO these monitors are the BEST! All I can say is that looking at it live, the picture looks amazing! Hopefully you can at least get the vibe from these photos and the video. I cannot imagine someone putting this up on their CRT screen and being upset with the quality in any way...

crt 1.jpg

crt 2.jpg

crt 3.jpg

crt 4.jpg

• Like 9

Today's video is playing the CollectorVision Phoenix on a CRT monitor using a cheap $10 (actually less) HDMI > AV converter that I got on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XS22FD/

The results look FANTASTIC on the screen, however I quickly learned that trying to capture CRT with a mobile phone is quite the challenge and I did the best I could. It probably doesn't help that the only CRT screen I have is a little Commodore 1702 monitor, but IMO these monitors are the BEST! All I can say is that looking at it live, the picture looks amazing! Hopefully you can at least get the vibe from these photos and the video. I cannot imagine someone putting this up on their CRT screen and being upset with the quality in any way...

I still want to get one of those Commodore Monitors to match my C64 Breadbin.

attachicon.gifcrt 1.jpg

attachicon.gifcrt 2.jpg

attachicon.gifcrt 3.jpg

attachicon.gifcrt 4.jpg

that looks nice

• Like 1

How about VGA then and RGB.. I have two France Scart/SECAM Colecovision those output RGB scart. Lot better than just composite signal.

Also F18A originally output VGA signal but sadly it yet won’t work with European Colecovision like it should. My other Coleco mod with F18A but can’t use it with every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk