IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Kickstarter is now live!

Bmack36

How compatible will the 2600 core be with the latest A2600 homebrew games? I currently have a few FPGA systems with Atari 2600 cores and the compatibility is very poor.

Thanks.

Only time will tell. CollectorVision is focusing on the core system first and hasn't discussed future core updates besides the fact that they want to add 2600, MSX and Adam support.

Only time will tell. CollectorVision is focusing on the core system first and hasn't discussed future core updates besides the fact that they want to add 2600, MSX and Adam support.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the announcement.

How compatible will the 2600 core be with the latest A2600 homebrew games? I currently have a few FPGA systems with Atari 2600 cores and the compatibility is very poor.

Thanks.

FPGA is always mistaken for instant automatic built-in 100% accuracy. It is not. Depends on how much effort the developers put into the core. Kevtris' cores have been in development for years. And so has Stella VCS software emulator. Both are very accurate.

How long has this system's VCS core been around? And how well has it been tested?

Edited by Keatah

TPR seems to be the only one creating the drama. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Full stop. If this project is as great as TPR says it is, then it can with stand the criticism it is getting.

True, very true.

Aside from all that, the Phoenix is an incredible value considering everthing that we know will be included and there could be further additions that we don't know about yet.

To purchase and configure a ColecoVision with everything the Phoenix will contain would cost roughly $425-$450 and that doesn't take into account the 10 tremendous Homebrew games that will be included free and the pack-in game cartridge Sydney Hunter...which is a new game release.

It's a no brainer purchase for me, actually will be kicking two systems and possible a 3rd with the early release version to guarantee that I get one no matter what.

FPGA is always mistaken for instant automatic built-in 100% accuracy. It is not. Depends on how much effort the developers put into the core. Kevtris' cores have been in development for years. And so has Stella VCS software emulator. Both are very accurate.

How long has this system's VCS core been around? And how well has it been tested?

I get that. I was just asking a simple question.

Once again, I just feel as though people WANT this system to be fake. They want this thread to be another huge drama party like we've seen in the past.

True, and that's exactly why there's not alot of people talking about it on youtube and social medias....

Nowadays, people prefer drama/click bait

A.n.y.w.a.y..........

• Like 1

Curious to how the FPGA compares with that of Analogue's newest units as those were able to also have cores developed that played SNES games as well.

In fact their first NES version was jail broken to support over 18 consoles.

Would the hardware in this unit support SNES, that is, with right core is it possible to play SNES games?

What version of the Intel Cyclone V FPGA does it use?

People fail to realize how awesome this console unit COULD be (not that it's not already supporting the best way to play Colecovision). The right FPGA could open up this to be THE console to own with endless possibilities of cores developed for other consoles. So far most units are closed source and do not support ROMs via SD card but are cartridge only based.

230K in 30 days is pretty challenging and I wonder if this had been marketed more then just a coleco based FPGA it could more quickly meet that goal. Who knows. But adding now the Atari 2600 support should help immensely with showing the possibilities of this unit to those on the fence.

Edited by jfcarbel

Here's a few photos of last weekend at PRGE

Proof - it is a fake. That last photo clearly shows John Riggs playing Donkey Kong and not Phoenix - LOL :-D (Hint : the filename for the photo is "John Riggs playing Phoenix.jpg")

Would be great to get Ben Heck promoting the Phoenix - any chance of that?

Wow - great that Jennell Jaquays got to see the Phoenix. Must be quite surreal for her seeing the Phoenix after having worked at Coleco during the entire ColecoVision era. Did she give any feedback?

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 2