IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Kickstarter is now live!

Bmack36

If you are getting 1 anyways, why not get 2

You know this is one of those items that will go up in value. You won't have it in hand til next year but consider this.

If everyone who has already pledged for 1 (excluding bulk orders) pledged for 1 more ...to say gift to someone at christmas or resell next year the campaign would suddenly be nearly funded.

I'm not connected to the project. I just like it. Two of my games will be included for free though so I guess it's good advertising for my future games.

You already know it will support atari 2600. I expect msx,sg-1000 , atari 5200,7800 and sega master system might also be a possibility later on.

So if you are getting 1 anyways, why not get 2. I'll pledge for 1 more to put my money where my mouth is. I've been thinking of doing this anyways.

"The first FAQ on the KS specifically deals with this:

Yes. If you would like to order multiple rewards or rewards levels, all you need to do is adjust your reward level to add the extra cost of the desired rewards. When we send out the reward surveys, we will verify the desired rewards for each backer."
Edited by digress
  • Like 1

Well I notice you have a leaf's style logo. There's never been a better year to get on the band wagon.

Alrighty I just pledged for one system, backer number 312 right here! I know it looks like long odds to reach the goal at this point but here's hoping for Plan B! :)

Brian just sent me some pics from the show to post as he's crazy busy showing off the console. Says it's going well and there's been a lot of really positive interest!

44410772_258540781512727_6560022641481089024_n.jpg

44496504_321562945321662_4268934245088493568_n.jpg

This is "Matt" of "Matt Patrol" fame playing on the CollectorVision Phoenix:

44425153_319516235526322_7169896955152171008_n.jpg

Here is the Kickstarter link so everyone can stop what they are doing right now and go help fund the project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1408938247/collectorvision-phoenix-an-fpga-colecovision-conso/

This question may have already been asked.

In the picture they are playing a red Phoenix with a clear translucent top? I'd add some more money if I could get different colors. One example would be the limited LGR cart colors... Phoenix with translucent blue case with translucent blue top..

Cool.

My ballpark guess is that would add another $200; but I've been wrong before

,Dan

TPR & Brian & Retroillucid .........is this a possibility.

Edited by Twin_power

Like the atari 2600, I think there's an open source fpga core for the Atari 800. There are working 5200 and 7800 fpga cores but they are closed source, as far as I know. And for the 5200 you'd also need analog support for Atari joysticks, and 15 connector pins each. Trackballs shouldn't be a problem. If you have access to any core source code there would still be some fpga work porting them over.

It would be nice if some we could get some good comments on Pat's video.

The actual number of truly negative comments is really not that many. What's more interesting is that so far the video has 75 likes compared to 2 dislikes. In my opinion, this is a more representative measure of how the video, and by extension the Phoenix, has been received by those viewing the video than by those commenting.

Edited by Ikrananka

The ignorance in the video comments is staggering. I'm disappointed by elements in our community more and more each day. With that said, the goal is clearly too high for a product like this. There's just no way to get across how amazing of a product something like this is to most people, particularly ones who have real knowledge of or passion for the ColecoVision. I think the Amico folks are in for a rude awakening as well, though not quite for the same reasons.

• Like 3

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the youtube comment section is full of intellectual diarrhea. There's a couple of people who commented on Pats video that have me wondering how they're able to walk and breathe at the same time.

Like the guy who says he could build his own from scratch for $50.. I was tempted to argue with him, but I don't have the energy right now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, as long as we have an FPGA and are simulating the 6502, the possibilities are endless! I'm certain cores could be produced for the Apple II, C64, MSX, Atari 7800, etc. etc. All we would need to be able to do is have the ability to connect a keyboard... The Colecovision and the 2600 are just the beginning.... If we support this thing, it could very well turn into Pandora's Box, AKA: The gift that keeps on giving... ala the Super NT. Given, developing the cores will take real *work*, but the cores of the Phoenix are or will be open source, correct?

The power inherent in the Phoenix is incredible, let's back it to open its nearly limitless possibilities...

• Like 1

I think once you get beyond the people really involved in 1st and 2nd generation console scene, you start getting into a lot of Nintendo Generation posers/arrogant a-holes who just like to disrespect everything else because everything except what's the fad for their generation is "not cool". They're not the majority of the gamers, but they make the most noise. Too dense to see millennials talk the same way about the NES and SNES.

• Like 3

Like the guy who says he could build his own from scratch for $50.. I was tempted to argue with him, but I don't have the energy right now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Once I told him everything that was included and its worth, he said the price was justified. I wish more people would actually look into it more rather than assume its some basic console.

• Like 2

Once I told him everything that was included and its worth, he said the price was justified. I wish more people would actually look into it more rather than assume its some basic console.

For sure . Out of the box it's worth it. Left new in the box in a year or so it will be worth more. But I am buying to use. one board for rebuild and a 3rd as either said investment or as a gift.

I have ordered 3 items so everyone else should be able to do at least 2.

1)the cib Sydney hunter + collectorvision console - 225 USD

2)the bare pcb board - 150 USD

3)the collectorvision console + 1 controller - 209 USD