IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Kickstarter is now live!

Bmack36

200.gif

EPIC!!! You made me burst in laughter, it's been a while.

You should read his other rants on the Jag and now also 5200 forums about joypad/re-pro and other kinds of assorted mental masturbation. It's like something from another dimension.

..... I don't know enough about it to finish the execution. But someone else can fill the gaps. Then again I expect no money for this one.

Yeah, we guessed as much

Now now, Why wouldn't they?

Thank you, so kind, I wouldn't either.

EDIT: sorry for the momentary off-topic reply, it's just that between him and that other fellow, HDTV1080P the mind does wonder.

• Like 1

I am really failing to see how ANYONE can bash this system. Like honestly, it baffles me beyond belief. Original consoles are breaking down, and most (not all) people want to be able to play their systems on a modern Hd tv. This is why the FPGA NES, SNES and Genesis systems are so popular. The Phoenix is bad assery in motion, and they include Atari 2600 compatibility (through SD currently) but will add the cartridge feature in the near future. For god sake if you do not want it, then do not get it. Plain and simple, everyone has a choice. But many, like me would love this thing. If it was only ColecoVision compatible I would be happy but the potential is even better.

I just don't get the bitching and the HUGE wishlists people put out there. For fuck sakes they don't have to make this thing available, we could just continue with our original systems and wait for the power and internal system failures. But here they are, giving back to the community in a way that doesn't happen much, and doing it for the passion of it.

Collectorvision, I was onboard when it was announced, and I am onboard regardless of what happens. I have no needs other than to play and enjoy ALL of my Collecovision games collection. Bravo to you all for what I consider a job well done. I'll be happy to play it on my HD tv, pings or not (but please.....one ping only)!!!!

• Like 9

If someone has a competitive gaming HDMI monitor who can either ship it to the Phoenix maker, or lives close enough where they can drop it off, I'd like to see the ping time on that. If my theroy is right, the CRT has most of the delay coming from the 1080p-> 480i conversion box. If my theory is correct, then if you use a 1 ms ping monitor, then 15 out 16 actions will have zero practical ping. 1 out of 16 actions will have 1 frame ping. This is assuming 60 frames per second capture.

So maybe as time advances more solutions would be made. So f you are concerned about ping, then a competitive gaming monitor combined with a Phoenix will be considered an essentially zero-ping solution. Literally the only thing it wouldn't be considered zero ping for is light gun games, whiohc require sub-microsecond ping times.

As soon as they make external 3D TV adapters (being, buy any TV, add 3D processors and glasses separately), I'd buy one of those, a low ping gaming monitor, and once the originals break, any HDMI replacements and I'd be good. I just don't need it now.

So anyone have a competitive gaming monitor that can be shipped to/walked over to the OP, the proof would be in the pudding.

By the way I don't romanticize the CRT for it's picture quality, or its 90 "bit-equivalent" color depth, even though for 3D content, the Segascope Zaxxon 3D had better 3d in the dark scenes than Star Trek Beyond's "pitch black" scene, but I wouldn't move heaven and earth to watch 3D on a CRT TV, except the Sega Scope 3D, which HAS to be played that way. I only obsess about CRTs for gameplay reasons. And the Phoenix directly through a gaming monitor may be a better option than a Phoenix through a CRT TV using a converter. If most things are on-frame with a competitive monitor, then the OP proved his point that the Phoenix adds no ping on HIS part. And if he wants to prove that point, that would be the perfect test.

• Like 1

If someone has a competitive gaming HDMI monitor who can either ship it to the Phoenix maker, or lives close enough where they can drop it off, I'd like to see the ping time on that. If my theroy is right, the CRT has most of the delay coming from the 1080p-> 480i conversion box. If my theory is correct, then if you use a 1 ms ping monitor, then 15 out 16 actions will have zero practical ping. 1 out of 16 actions will have 1 frame ping. This is assuming 60 frames per second capture.

So maybe as time advances more solutions would be made. So f you are concerned about ping, then a competitive gaming monitor combined with a Phoenix will be considered an essentially zero-ping solution. Literally the only thing it wouldn't be considered zero ping for is light gun games, whiohc require sub-microsecond ping times.

As soon as they make external 3D TV adapters (being, buy any TV, add 3D processors and glasses separately), I'd buy one of those, a low ping gaming monitor, and once the originals break, any HDMI replacements and I'd be good. I just don't need it now.

So anyone have a competitive gaming monitor that can be shipped to/walked over to the OP, the proof would be in the pudding.

By the way I don't romanticize the CRT for it's picture quality, or its 90 "bit-equivalent" color depth, even though for 3D content, the Segascope Zaxxon 3D had better 3d in the dark scenes than Star Trek Beyond's "pitch black" scene, but I wouldn't move heaven and earth to watch 3D on a CRT TV, except the Sega Scope 3D, which HAS to be played that way. I only obsess about CRTs for gameplay reasons. And the Phoenix directly through a gaming monitor may be a better option than a Phoenix through a CRT TV using a converter. If most things are on-frame with a competitive monitor, then the OP proved his point that the Phoenix adds no ping on HIS part. And if he wants to prove that point, that would be the perfect test.

giphy.gifplease.giftenor.gif?itemid=3398428tenor.gif?itemid=4184950make_it_stop_boy_meets_world.gif

• Like 7

I do own a Sony PVM, so I can understand why people would love to plug the Phoenix in RGB instead of HDMI

Although, our intentions was to make a system so ''everyone'' could enjoy... and most importantly, reliable!

Not everyone have a RGB monitor (in North America at least) since we didn't have SCART/Peritel here in America
Nowadays, everyone have a HDMI monitor and that's exactly why we took that route.

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 4

To explain my long posts, I have no social life outside of "I'll pay by debit card".

No, I don't have a job, or a life. You guys are not very welcoming. Just because I have more time to say more doesn't make my comment worth any more or less.

Some of you guys don't comment on the content, just the length.

To explain my long posts, I have no social life outside of "I'll pay by debit card".

No, I don't have a job, or a life. You guys are not very welcoming. Just because I have more time to say more doesn't make my comment worth any more or less.

Some of you guys don't comment on the content, just the length.

It's not that we are trying to be unwelcoming, it's a simple matter that the CollectorVision Phoenix can not be a "Be all, end all" for everyone no matter hiw hard CollectorVision has and will continue to try for us. They are a small retro Homebrew company and are trying their best to keep a particular price point while giving us supporters/fans as full a featured system out of the box as possible.

Myself, I work a full time construction job in a northern state which means I am outside in all the weather extremes imaginable. This doesn't leave a lot of play time for me especially with raising two children and everything else that comes with supporting a family, so when I do get the time to sit down and play some games, it's all about the enjoyment of playing these games and not about having perfect or near perfect timing, no pings, little to no latency, etc., etc. Just different strokes for different folks.

Most important of all to remember is that the Phoenix is easily expandable and the possibilities for future expansion devices has been broached and should be good news for you.

First and foremost, we got to get these systems produced in quantity and then things can move forward from there.

• Like 7

I am really failing to see how ANYONE can bash this system. Like honestly, it baffles me beyond belief. Original consoles are breaking down, and most (not all) people want to be able to play their systems on a modern Hd tv. This is why the FPGA NES, SNES and Genesis systems are so popular. The Phoenix is bad assery in motion, and they include Atari 2600 compatibility (through SD currently) but will add the cartridge feature in the near future. For god sake if you do not want it, then do not get it. Plain and simple, everyone has a choice. But many, like me would love this thing. If it was only ColecoVision compatible I would be happy but the potential is even better.

I just don't get the bitching and the HUGE wishlists people put out there. For fuck sakes they don't have to make this thing available, we could just continue with our original systems and wait for the power and internal system failures. But here they are, giving back to the community in a way that doesn't happen much, and doing it for the passion of it.

Collectorvision, I was onboard when it was announced, and I am onboard regardless of what happens. I have no needs other than to play and enjoy ALL of my Collecovision games collection. Bravo to you all for what I consider a job well done. I'll be happy to play it on my HD tv, pings or not (but please.....one ping only)!!!!

well said

It's not that we are trying to be unwelcoming, it's a simple matter that the CollectorVision Phoenix can not be a "Be all, end all" for everyone no matter hiw hard CollectorVision has and will continue to try for us. They are a small retro Homebrew company and are trying their best to keep a particular price point while giving us supporters/fans as full a featured system out of the box as possible.

Myself, I work a full time construction job in a northern state which means I am outside in all the weather extremes imaginable. This doesn't leave a lot of play time for me especially with raising two children and everything else that comes with supporting a family, so when I do get the time to sit down and play some games, it's all about the enjoyment of playing these games and not about having perfect or near perfect timing, no pings, little to no latency, etc., etc. Just different strokes for different folks.

Most important of all to remember is that the Phoenix is easily expandable and the possibilities for future expansion devices has been broached and should be good news for you.

First and foremost, we got to get these systems produced in quantity and then things can move forward from there.

my exact thoughts

I'll say this instead of buying an RF unit that needs work, you can get a working CV for a couple hundred dollars that just works out of the box in HDMI which is what most want. Either say thanks for all of the hard works, or ignore. The drama is nonsense.