IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Kickstarter is now live!

Bmack36

Nice to see but I just don't understand why those pledging now have left it to the last day to do so. Regardless, I'm delighted to see this happening.

It's similar to the eBay bidding mentality: On eBay, you wait until the last minute to try to dive in with the highest bid and not give the "competition" time to counter. On Kickstarter, you wait until the very last minute just to reassure yourself that you're not pledging towards a "silly" project.

I'm thinking they will probably use the final data to organize and get back to us in the next few days about where they are in the planning process.

Good, that will give us time to discuss Plan B to death in this thread even before they make an announcement. :P

Edited by Pixelboy
  • Like 2

It's similar to the eBay bidding mentality: On eBay, you wait until the last minute to try to dive in with the highest bid and not give the "competition" time to counter. On Kickstarter, you wait until the very last minute just to reassure yourself that you're not pledging towards a "silly" project.

So maybe there's a market for a Kickstarter sniping tool :-D

Yeah it must be people that can't afford it now but do want one.

I only recently got my Coleco fully working properly but the Pheonix is too daft too pass up. At some point I'm gonna want an SD reader and an SGM, so may as well get this.

Real shame about the Kickstarter, as I think with more time or more publicity it could have made it.

I feel the overall complaints from people were the market is awash with NES mini cash ins, and things like the At Games controversy and of course the Chameleon still fresh in people's minds, really hurt the project. Still, looking forward to owning one regardless.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It also seems like a lot of people outside the ColecoVision group on AtariAge aren't aware of the ROMs available on sites like CV Addict and ColecoVision North. I've been posting about it to numerous people who say they don't have cartridges.

Well, this KS campaign is over, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the results, even if the end goal wasn't met. 129045$ in just one month of campaigning is quite an achievement! Congrats to the CollectorVision team, and I'm glad I was able to do my small part to get the word out. :)

Looking forward to know what Plan B turns out to be. :)

• Like 7

Well, this KS campaign is over, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the results, even if the end goal wasn't met. 129045$ in just one month of campaigning is quite an achievement! Congrats to the CollectorVision team, and I'm glad I was able to do my small part to get the word out. :)

1 million percent agree! Now hopefully getting the majority of those 468 people who said they were interested to actually convert to pre-orders won't be that difficult. I think that's a pretty solid number of systems sold and I'd like to see that many more ColecoVision units out in the wild. I'm not sure how many "new" hobbyists that number represents but I have to assume there's quite a few in there, and expanding the reach and interest of the console even by a little bit is a huge win, IMO!

Looking forward to instructions on how to pre-order...

• Like 3

First off I want to thank everyone who has helped back and spread the message about this project. When the initial goal was set, we didn't anticipate the larger number of higher reward level backers. After reviewing our finances and updating our projections based on the current backing from the kickstarter, we will be moving forward with Plan B and this system WILL be coming out.

We are going to move to a standard Pre-order through the CollectorVision website. By doing the direct pre-order through the website, we will be able to maintain the original timelines for the project. This will also allow us to accept Paypal, which a lot of people have asked for and prevented them from backing the kickstarter.

The pre-order is available now at https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-phoenix/

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Brian

brian@collectorvision.com

Edited by Bmack36
  • Like 11

First off I want to thank everyone who has helped back and spread the message about this project. When the initial goal was set, we didn't anticipate the larger number of higher reward level backers. After reviewing our finances and updating our projections based on the current backing from the kickstarter, we will be moving forward with Plan B.

We are going to move to a standard Pre-order through the CollectorVision website. By doing the direct pre-order through the website, we will be able to maintain the original timelines for the project. This will also allow us to accept Paypal, which a lot of people have asked for and prevented them from backing the kickstarter.

The pre-order is available now at https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-phoenix/

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Brian

brian@collectorvision.com

Is the case for PlanB injection mold, 3D print or ... ?

I was wondering if there could be a slightly cheaper option that doesn't include the Caverns of Death cart? I'm going to pre-order regardless of the answer, but I was wondering if that option might be made available for those that want to save a little and don't want that particular game. I'm Canadian so its about $300 Canadian shipped so every little bit can help. Thanks :)

I was wondering if there could be a slightly cheaper option that doesn't include the Caverns of Death cart? I'm going to pre-order regardless of the answer, but I was wondering if that option might be made available for those that want to save a little and don't want that particular game. I'm Canadian so its about $300 Canadian shipped so every little bit can help. Thanks :)

I'm sure you could resell that Caverns of Death cart pretty easily. :)

• Like 1

I'm sure you could resell that Caverns of Death cart pretty easily. :)

Yes you would save much more by selling the cart separately then taking off the amount that we would be able to remove from the purchase price ;)

• Like 1