IGNORED

What's your computer desk setup?

Byte Knight

Here's how my computer desk is set up. I've got the IIgs running the BBS on the right, and the IIc+ for "calling out" to BBS's and of course gaming. The IIgs has a Commodore 1084 monitor hooked up to it - sorry guys, but it's bigger than the IIgs RGB monitor and also has AV input. I at least put an Apple sticker on it... The IIc+ has an old monochrome monitor and another dead monitor that I converted to VGA, so I've got the best of both worlds!

post-16548-0-75386900-1539110316_thumb.jpg

What's your setup?

• Like 5

Here's how my computer desk is set up. I've got the IIgs running the BBS on the right, and the IIc+ for "calling out" to BBS's and of course gaming. The IIgs has a Commodore 1084 monitor hooked up to it - sorry guys, but it's bigger than the IIgs RGB monitor and also has AV input. I at least put an Apple sticker on it... The IIc+ has an old monochrome monitor and another dead monitor that I converted to VGA, so I've got the best of both worlds!

attachicon.gifIMG_3256.JPG

What's your setup?

Did Apple make a small color monitor or did you mod that one? How are you driving both at once?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here's how my computer desk is set up. I've got the IIgs running the BBS on the right, and the IIc+ for "calling out" to BBS's and of course gaming. The IIgs has a Commodore 1084 monitor hooked up to it - sorry guys, but it's bigger than the IIgs RGB monitor and also has AV...

attachicon.gifIMG_3256.JPG

What's your setup?

Don’t feel bad! I have a Commodore 1702 atop my //e. No Apple sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did Apple make a small color monitor or did you mod that one? How are you driving both at once?

No, I converted a dead IIc monitor to VGA using this monitor:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-VGA-2AV-USB-LCD-controller-board-9-7-LP097X02-1024X768-IPS-LCD-Screen/361655593567?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And you'll need the IIc VGA converter as well:

http://www.a2heaven.com/webshop/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=135

The monochrome is hooked up to composite port and color to the IIc digital video port.

I have an Apple A2M2010 green flip screen monochrome monitor on top of my Apple IIe and a 1702, both connected via a spliter. Beside it is my Epson ActionPrinter RX-80 compatible printer which contribute for that old time programming vibe when I print an assembler listing at 2 AM in my basement office/lab.

Edited by AMenard

Ohhh the joys of impact printing when your ears are still ringing the next day. I printed out a number of manuals back in the good ol' days for BBS software. Took forever, and noisy as all get out.

A

I even printed some by printing odd pages first and then carefully, running the stack upside down to print the even pages.

The noisiest printer I owned was the Atari 1027, but I had a crush on my Commodore 802 before getting my RX-80 back in the day. I was lucky in finding that ActionPrinter that is compatible right down to the RX and LX epson via dip switch for a big $40 shipped.

The box of paper cost more than the printer...

• Like 1

I even printed some by printing odd pages first and then carefully, running the stack upside down to print the even pages.

We went the other way, large binder for putting tractor paper into, so you'd print it all out, fold page1 onto the top, and odds/evens from there on.. so two pages became 1 leaf in the binder.