IGNORED

Yars revenge 'safe zone' effect in player sprite?

Is there a simple way to get the yars revenge safe zone effect into the player sprite? I tried pointing the color to some random adres Banks, but most don't do anything interesting and don't give a psychadellic number. The best I found was playfieldpos as it loops between 1-8.

In my current code it also colours the entire player in one solid colour. I imagine that a better way is possible where every row has its own color?

If I get it correctly this doesn't change the color but the shape right? You just get a messy block of stuff. Right now I changed the color to a random number.

Right - a messy block of stuff like the Yars Revenge safe zone. If you were doing it line by line in assembly, you could use a mask to impose a shape. Within the constraints of bB, all I can think of offhand is to use the other player sprite, set it to the background color, and have the inverse of the desired shape to hide the unwanted pixels.

If you want to randomize the color, but not the player pixels, then modify the yars example to include these constants:

const player0colorlo=player0color
 const player0colorhi=player0color+1

and then change each reference of "player0pointer" to "player0color". (assuming you're using the playercolors option for P0, or player1colors option for P1)