IGNORED

A new low-priced "Masterplay Clone" for Sega & A2600 joystick compatibility

ave1

10 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

So you are saying 3rd party does not work and will fry the adapter?

Not saying that at all.  Just saying that he'd be covering himself in case someone is using some less-than-ideal 3rd party product for the Genesis that might have become broken (internal wires becoming frayed or something).

And I did state "but I really don't think that's necessary."  I am definitely not worried at all about doing any harm to controller ports or the adapter itself by connecting these 5V pins. 

I have good and bad news.  The Rtero-bit bluetooth adapter arrived today in the mail.  Works on my low budget masterplay clone.  But with a wiimote only buttons like swing vines in jungle hunt.  Directions do not work at all though liken in pacman. 

As for ikonsgr adapter nothing happens at all.  No lights or anything.  Maybe if he revises it will.  But for now nothing.  But not bad still because it will still work in  my real genesis.

Edited by 0078265317

This somewhat awkward looking adapter for SNES or NES controller to Amiga should work well for ikonsgr's Amiga to 5200 adapter, since the 9 pin end is designed for the Amiga. It will also work with the 8bitdo SNES console adapter that works with a bunch of different wireless controllers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SNES-NES-Gamepad-Interface-Adapter-for-Amiga-500-600-1200-Atari-C64-578/114417365728?hash=item1aa3ce72e0:g:KNsAAOSwoeVeHifS

It is from sordan.ie 

s-l1600.png

17 hours ago, Swami said:

This somewhat awkward looking adapter for SNES or NES controller to Amiga should work well for ikonsgr's Amiga to 5200 adapter, since the 9 pin end is designed for the Amiga. It will also work with the 8bitdo SNES console adapter that works with a bunch of different wireless controllers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SNES-NES-Gamepad-Interface-Adapter-for-Amiga-500-600-1200-Atari-C64-578/114417365728?hash=item1aa3ce72e0:g:KNsAAOSwoeVeHifS

It is from sordan.ie 

s-l1600.png

I mentioned that before. But was not sure if it would work. Thanks for confirming.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 5:30 PM, 0078265317 said:

I mentioned that before. But was not sure if it would work. Thanks for confirming.

So I got this and it looks like the bad news is that I cannot power adapters you plug into the NES port. It looks like the +5V power on the NES is not active. The SNES port works. I'm not sure if this is by design or defective.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Everyone!

I just want to inform you that i've revised the design of the board by adding the "mostly wanted" 5v power supply pin12 of Atari5200 DB15 controller connector to pin5 of the DB9 connector in order for 8bitdo Retro Receiver (and possibly others too) to function with SNES controllers.  I kept the layout of board almost identical, so any 3d case designed for previous adapter, will fit for the new one too:

a5200_new.jpg

I'll let you know when i will receive the new batch of pcbs.

Edited by ikonsgr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ikonsgr said:

Hi Everyone!

I just want to inform you that i've revised the design of the board by adding the "mostly wanted" 5v power supply pin12 of Atari5200 DB15 controller connector to pin5 of the DB9 connector in order for 8bitdo Retro Receiver (and possibly others too) to function with SNES controllers.  I kept the layout of board almost identical, so any 3d case designed for previous adapter, will fit for the new one too:

a5200_new.jpg

I'll let you know when i will receive the new batch of pcbs.

Hi, does your adapter that you had sold that uses the 2600 joystick also work with the 2600 paddles on the 5200?

thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...