IGNORED

ColecoPlug (Colecovision USB power supply) can be preordered!

EvilDragon17

Wonder what USB-C power supply cost..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can usually be bought for 5 EUR in an electronic store. You don't need a specific USB-C power supply though - just use a normal USB power supply where you can connect a USB cable and get a USB -> USB-C cable :)

Most users have such power supplies at home (for example, from mobile phones, etc.)

Does this work with Colecovision France Secam model?

Yes, it works with any model.

It it possible use old iPad power adapter? Does it give enough juice?

Anyway havent find USBC cable yet.

Depends on what the power adapter is rated at. Per the OP, as long as it can output 2A, it should work. Most adapters have the output info on them. If not, you'll have to find a spec sheet for it.

USB A (the "standard" rectangular plug most people think of when they hear USB") to USB C (oval shaped) cables are fairly common. Don't know where you are, but they can readily be sourced from places like Amazon or Monoprice.

Here's the spec sheet on the iPad plugs from Apple:

https://www.apple.com/power-adapters/

In short, they should work fine. Apple also sells the USB to USB-C cables, and you can pick them up at retail from Best Buy, Target, Apple Stores, and so forth. I already have both waiting for the CV adapter.

- Blaine

Read the thread and confused about what's USB-C power supply output voltage and amps need to be? Any links to a useable USB-C power supply? Anyone get one and try it yet? Are they available for order in the US or just England? Sorry if these sounds dumb but not real familar with this stuff. Thanks for any help with this!

Edited by thegamezmaster

You don't need to use a USB-C power supply.

Just use something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-One-Port-USB-Wall-Charger/dp/B0773JFWDC/ref=sr_1_14

And something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Type-C-USB-Male-Cable/dp/B01GGKYN0A/ref=sr_1_3_acs_sk_pb_1_sl_3

And you're good to go :)

2A is what I suggest do use, though I have also tried 1A and 1,5A adaptors - but depending on the adaptors, these COULD cause the CV to crash (if the power breaks down) or they can get REALLY hot.

You don't need to use a USB-C power supply.

Just use something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-One-Port-USB-Wall-Charger/dp/B0773JFWDC/ref=sr_1_14

And something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Type-C-USB-Male-Cable/dp/B01GGKYN0A/ref=sr_1_3_acs_sk_pb_1_sl_3

And you're good to go :)

2A is what I suggest do use, though I have also tried 1A and 1,5A adaptors - but depending on the adaptors, these COULD cause the CV to crash (if the power breaks down) or they can get REALLY hot.

Thanks for the info. Is Console5 going to sell these? Thanks!

Depends on what the power adapter is rated at. Per the OP, as long as it can output 2A, it should work. Most adapters have the output info on them. If not, you'll have to find a spec sheet for it.

USB A (the "standard" rectangular plug most people think of when they hear USB") to USB C (oval shaped) cables are fairly common. Don't know where you are, but they can readily be sourced from places like Amazon or Monoprice.

Be careful that the cable you get is made for high amperage. Cheap cables are not. Heck, I even got a cheap USB C->C cable that won't rapid-charge my phone.

Be careful that the cable you get is made for high amperage. Cheap cables are not. Heck, I even got a cheap USB C->C cable that won't rapid-charge my phone.

Even good USB-C-Cables can't always do rapid-charge - as that's a special feature that needs some extra traces (it works with 12V). :)

No need to get a quickcharge-cable.

BTW: Packaging has arrived.

Now I'm only waiting for the instructions manual as well as the PCBs. Both should arrive within the next few days :)

post-41707-0-87724500-1544542930_thumb.jpgpost-41707-0-79144500-1544542939_thumb.jpg