IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Kickstarter is now live!

Bmack36

MSX or similar computer doesn't need much ram if the program is running from a rom cartridge image. A tape or disk image has to be loaded into ram first and uses much more ram. It sounds like the phoenix has plenty of useable ram already. With something like Mister fpga you have to buy a ram module seperately. Another plus for phoenix is the cartridge port and de9 controller ports. There's a long list of cores that can be ported over.

Edited by mr_me

MSX or similar computer doesn't need much ram if the program is running from a rom cartridge image. A tape or disk image has to be loaded into ram first and uses much more ram. It sounds like the phoenix has plenty of useable ram already. With something like Mister fpga you have to buy a ram module seperately. Another plus for phoenix is the cartridge port and de9 controller ports. There's a long list of cores that can be ported over.

The cart port only applies to CV to be fair (and potential adapters for systems with less pins) , the DB9 joypad connector instead is sweet ..... but the MegaSg has it too .... we'll see how it pans out.

That, and when the SNES port was finally released, it had a lot of bugs and glitches. Like what looks like the palette reloading during rendering which causes bright flashes for a frame between most screens. This really detracts from the immersion level and would've been an easy fix to make. There's other glitches like the screen randomly scrolling into place when you enter some screens, and the lack of smooth scrolling on the lava. (Granted that last one isn't a glitch, but it would've been trivial to add it and make things look soo much nicer.) Not to pee on anyones' parade or anything, but I kind of expect a debugged game for the asking price.

There's several videos up about it on Youtube, but most of them are of the "OMG new SNES game!" variety, and seem to focus on things like the box art and manual, and other things that aren't related to the actual game itself. Once that wears off, what's the actual gameplay like? So far, no one has mentioned any of the obvious glitching or questionable play mechanics such as having to keep a button down to use the torch in the reviews at all, which is somewhat suspicious. Again, I am not trying to be negative but for the money and all the extra time it took, I was expecting a bit more.

I wish I could've put you in contact with the programmer of the game, so we could have correct some bugs

The programmer really tried to correct them

The game is FAR from being perfect, I admit

But it was also our very first attempt to make a SNES game

As for the delays, well the game was first programmed in C, wich causes alot of slowdown

We had to completely re-doing it from scratch, hence the delay

That being said, I truly appreciate what you're doing for the community, I really enjoy my Super NT....and soon the Mega SG

Kudos :thumbsup:

I just wanted to apologize to the Collectorvision team if my posts have offended you and I never meant drama to come out of it. I just truly felt mentioning the things I thought was lacking in the system could have been of some help to possibly make the system more appealing. Unfortunately I allowed a specific member here to get to me to the point that caused an ongoing bickering match. I realize now that it was a waste of time and just caused a distraction. I simply just wanted to say my peace without someone attacking me, that is all. And no, I'm not saying this because someone told me to. I'm just tired of people assuming I'm just a troll/hater. That is definitely the opposite of who I am and what my intentions were.

Again, I wish you luck and hope you find success with this project.

- Matt

• Like 2

I just wanted to apologize to the Collectorvision team if my posts have offended you and I never meant drama to come out of it. I just truly felt mentioning the things I thought was lacking in the system could have been of some help to possibly make the system more appealing. Unfortunately I allowed a specific member here to get to me to the point that caused an ongoing bickering match. I realize now that it was a waste of time and just caused a distraction. I simply just wanted to say my peace without someone attacking me, that is all. And no, I'm not saying this because someone told me to. I'm just tired of people assuming I'm just a troll/hater. That is definitely the opposite of who I am and what my intentions were.

Again, I wish you luck and hope you find success with this project.

- Matt

No worries, it's all good

I've my share of stupidity on this forum too, wich I also regret

I'm not holding any grudge, I'm just not this type of guy

So thanks for the suggestions, critics and comments, we are always taking notes

Cheers

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...